Is the JVC HDxx series the one camera you shouldn't sell? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old July 20th, 2009, 08:39 AM   #1
Inner Circle

Is the JVC HDxx series the one camera you shouldn't sell?

I've got an early generation HD100, I thought of selling it but then realized that my drawer full of mini dv tapes depends on it. Seems that considering the low resale value, and the archive issue, and the fact that the camera still provides a kick a** image, it doesn't make much sense to sell. At least until I pony of for LTO4. Thanks but no thanks to hard drive archive.
Brian Luce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2009, 08:47 AM   #2

I still find my HD110 very useful. I still like the filmlike images I can capture from it. I also have an MTF 35mm adapter so I can get some stunning telephoto shots. Sure I like my EX1, but, the HD110 is still very much fun to use, not to mention how much more shoulder comfortable it is over my EX1. I also use my Convergent Design XDCAM422 recorder fed HD-SDI via a BMD component to SDI converter to get some footage that doesn't need capturing to import to my hard drive.
Bill Ravens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2009, 09:03 AM   #3
Trustee

I think the only way I'd sell my HD100 is if I upgraded to an HD200 or HD250. Even then I'd probably keep my HD100 as a B-cam.
Chris Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2009, 12:45 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I love my HD100, the image is outstanding and also have the mtf adapter for use with nikon lenses for great wildlife shooting. Its a very comfortable camera, and I use a older firestore mounted on the battery for capture. Maybe its destined to be a "classic" like a 57 chevy :)
John Abbey is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems