V-Mount Plate Adaptor - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old September 1st, 2005, 06:52 AM   #16
Major Player

Indeed mathieu, (I'm from Belgium too, by the way), prices suck over here. A petition won't do any good, I guess?

Perhaps prices will drop a bit, with HD. Usually NTSC-equipment was useless to us, but perhaps now that it is all the same it'll go somewhat better?

4200 euro is about $6000...

By the way, did you order a HD101 as well? or interested?
Werner Wesp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2005, 01:16 PM   #17
Inner Circle

No I didn't order one, and I'm not interested in buying one either, because I 1. don't have the budget. 2. don't have need to step up to a new camera too, I just use my XL1s to make some movies, when I need more, I'll look for more ;-)
But I'm just interested in all these camera models, because I just think it's interesting to read about them and learn about them, so you know which options there exist, and you know... like a musician knowing different instruments, even if he only uses a couple of them. I think this JVC camera is very interesting, and the HVX too, even I ain't in the market for buying either one.
Just interested in learning about different models :-) to know their weaknesses, their strenghts, and just, their specs.
Mathieu Ghekiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2005, 09:28 AM   #18
Major Player

The JVC dealer just responded and confirmed the price of the V-mount adapter-plate. Doesn't anyone know a price for the US?
Old September 9th, 2005, 05:08 AM   #19
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Donaldson
I have my new camera and have made my own adapter plate which was quite simple.
I bought 2 x IDX batteries and charger and also a small v-lock plate which had a 4 pin xlr output and had 2 output voltages from the 4 pins, 14.4v and 7.2v

Next i cut a small piece of aluminium about 60 mm wide and 150 mm long, 3mm thick and bent it to the correct angle to follow the profile of the rear of the camera. There are 2 screws on the top of the camera which i took out and mounted the aluminium plate there, using the existing screws.

The adapter IDX v-lock thingy was attached to the aluminium bracket , then rewired to give me 7.2v into the camera and now has a 4 pin xlr housing attached to the aluminium bracket giving me 14.4v for my top light when i need it.

This may be a slighly bulkier option than having the yet to be released "IDX approved" one but it cost me next to nothing and works fine. (The only other option when i bought the camera was to buy 6 normal batteries. No thanks)

If someone can enlighten me on how to post photos to this forum i can put some up.
And this construction has no problems holding a E-80 or 2 E-50's?
Old September 9th, 2005, 03:16 PM   #20
Regular Crew

no problems at all with my plate. the screws which are there to mount something (presumably an aftermarket battery set up) are quite deeply threaded, maybe 10mm, so they hold the battery no problem at all.
look in the gallery, there are photos of it there.
craig
Craig Donaldson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2005, 10:41 AM   #21
Contributor

Craig, thanks for the great tip.

It's probably obvious once you have the camera and V-mount adapter in your hands but any tips on how you re-wired the battery connectors from the JVC to the adapter - the mechanical side of it looks pretty simple. Perhaps you got a tech to do it?

I'm in Sydney too BTW (least I seem to remember you Sydney based) - keep up the good work.
John Mitchell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems