DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   V-Mount Plate Adaptor (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/49643-v-mount-plate-adaptor.html)

Guy Barwood August 20th, 2005 03:51 AM

V-Mount Plate Adaptor

Hi,

Does anyone know what parts are needed to effect the V mount battery use? Here at http://www.dvinfo.net/gallery/files/3/hd100all.jpg there is a photo of the HD100 with an IDX battery on it but I have never seen a specific part that has the IDX battery mount.

So what do you buy?

This is definitely a solution I would want when I get one. I have the batteries anyway from my DV500, it would help balance the camera (I believe), and now reading it is a 17W camera its going to need the extra juice (the DV500 is 20W and it chews through a BPL40). I might even be able to use it on my DV301.

Being a 7.2v camera though, I am interested in how efficient such a solution actually is from a 14v source.

Tim Baker August 20th, 2005 05:40 PM

IDX adapter

I actually spoke with the IDX sales rep in Cali yesterday...she told me that there will be an adapter plate for V mounts. They have developed it exclusively via JVC and it will only be available through JVC. She did not even have any price info.

She said it is not even available yet, but she expected that it would be in a few weeks as the US shipments of cameras started.

Tim Baker August 20th, 2005 06:05 PM

Something I forgot...

Just FYI...dependent on prices and all.

Anton Bauer is going to have an adapter, as well and then you could get their adapter to V lock. May seem like a bunch of trouble, but if cost is less...it would work.

Guy Barwood August 21st, 2005 05:08 PM

Thanks Tim,

Just to know that it will be avaliable (and possibly via two methods) is exactly what I need to know for now.

Cheers

Guy

Ken Freed JVC August 21st, 2005 06:34 PM

The battery adapters are developed with each company and sold as they and we wish.

IDX endura type is the A-E2HD100. It seems we sell this with one battery for $349.

Anton Bauer bracket is QR-JVC7/14HDV which they sell and JVC does not.

Both actually have a 14volt power supply built in so they make 7 volts very efficiently

Chris Hurd August 21st, 2005 06:50 PM

Always nice to see you here, Ken. Thanks for the input,

Guy Barwood August 21st, 2005 07:37 PM

Thanks for the part number Ken. I have something to search on now when needed. Any chance you'll sell it without a battery for much less?

The process of converting one DV voltage into another DV voltage is not normally an efficient process.

DC Voltage regulators typically throws away a lot of power to drop the voltage. High efficiency DC-DC converters are still often only 80% efficient, hence my concern with dropping 14v to 7v, how effficient is the process being used?

Guy Barwood August 21st, 2005 07:51 PM

From your part number Ken I found
http://www.era.ru/catalogue/accessuares_GY-HD100.pdf

It implies 4 hours run time from a Vmount which is great news. Sounds pretty efficient for a 17W camera.

I also like the fact the D-Tap can power the hard drive recorder.

The pdf says the pack will initially sell only from JVC authorised agents only with 2x Endura 71Wh + a two position charger (I doubt that will be for $350), and later just the mount by itself. I hope the latter comes sooner rather than later, I already have multiple batteries and a charger, I really don't need more, and I suggest many others won't either. I wouldn't be too stressed about $350 and getting one extra battery though as per your package above.

Craig Donaldson August 28th, 2005 03:56 PM

IDX Plates- no need to wait.

I have my new camera and have made my own adapter plate which was quite simple.
I bought 2 x IDX batteries and charger and also a small v-lock plate which had a 4 pin xlr output and had 2 output voltages from the 4 pins, 14.4v and 7.2v

Next i cut a small piece of aluminium about 60 mm wide and 150 mm long, 3mm thick and bent it to the correct angle to follow the profile of the rear of the camera. There are 2 screws on the top of the camera which i took out and mounted the aluminium plate there, using the existing screws.

The adapter IDX v-lock thingy was attached to the aluminium bracket , then rewired to give me 7.2v into the camera and now has a 4 pin xlr housing attached to the aluminium bracket giving me 14.4v for my top light when i need it.

This may be a slighly bulkier option than having the yet to be released "IDX approved" one but it cost me next to nothing and works fine. (The only other option when i bought the camera was to buy 6 normal batteries. No thanks)

If someone can enlighten me on how to post photos to this forum i can put some up.

Chris Basmas August 28th, 2005 05:35 PM

Craig, where did you get the V-lock adaptor from? If i get the adaptor for Anton Bauer, i'm sure i can do what you did.

Craig Donaldson August 29th, 2005 02:27 PM

Anywhere that sells idx stuff will have one. It is a simple plate with the wedge lock and a 4 pin xlr out on the side.
Got mine from johnbarry.com.au

Chris Hurd August 29th, 2005 04:48 PM

Hi Craig,

Send your photos to me by email and I'll put 'em up in our image gallery.

Chris Hurd September 1st, 2005 12:08 AM

Images of Craig's improvised IDX plate are now in the HD100 image gallery.

See http://www.dvinfo.net/gallery/browseimages.php?c=25

Werner Wesp September 1st, 2005 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken Freed JVC
IDX endura type is the A-E2HD100. It seems we sell this with one battery for $349.

Are you sure? Over here in europe, it's €285 + taxes = about €350 (which is roughly $500) for the adapterplate alone!

Is that right? or is there a cheaper way with 1 battey included?

Mathieu Ghekiere September 1st, 2005 06:00 AM

Werner, prices in Europe are always much higher :-( You already commented on it in another thread in this board, and I posted a reaction to it, in which I agreed.
Why do we pay so much more?
You know, last year in August, (XL2 was already announced!), one of the only shops in Belgium to sell big camcorders was selling the Canon XL1s at 4200 euros!
How much dollars is that?