DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   Toy camera? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/61853-toy-camera.html)

Robert Jackson March 1st, 2006 04:38 PM

Toy camera?

I just spent 30 minutes assembling my new HD100. It felt oddly like I was putting together one of those toys that had "Some Assembly Required" printed on the outside of the box. So far, so good...hopefully. I think I got Tab A in Slot B correctly. ;-)

Stephen L. Noe March 1st, 2006 05:24 PM

Congratulations on your purchase Robert! Glad you're aboard with the format.

Jim Giberti March 1st, 2006 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Jackson
I just spent 30 minutes assembling my new HD100. It felt oddly like I was putting together one of those toys that had "Some Assembly Required" printed on the outside of the box. So far, so good...hopefully. I think I got Tab A in Slot B correctly. ;-)

If you got it backwards it will actually squirt ink in your eye when you hit record.

Robert Jackson March 1st, 2006 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen L. Noe
Congratulations on your purchase Robert! Glad you're aboard with the format.

Thank you. I've been checking myself out on it for the past few hours and it seems like a very intuitive little camera. I don't actually go back into production on the project I'm working on for three weeks, but I plan to shoot some tests and try to get comfortable with the camera in the meantime. I'm going to have to be careful about that squirting-ink-in-my-eye mode. So far I've been lucky. ;-)

-Rob

Ken Freed JVC March 2nd, 2006 02:37 PM

I actually get about 3 or 4 calls a year from an irate new customer who just bought their first professional camera and they don't like that it is in pieces and has to be put together.

And 1 or 2 of them will not have ordered power for it. And maybe one of them will have blown their entire budget and have no money for IDX or A-B.

So here we have all the pieces in a pretty painted box. Is this a great country or what?

William Hohauser March 2nd, 2006 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Jackson

After years of one piece plastic cameras, having something that I could put together was a welcome return to the days of the JVC BY-110, the Panasonic 400CLE and all those Ikegamis.

Kevin Shaw March 2nd, 2006 03:36 PM

And here's a tip for anyone buying or renting an HD100U: be sure to keep careful track of the two small black plastic caps for the camera body and the back of the lens! I swear that when you put those suckers down they immediately hurl themselves into the farthest, darkest corner of the room, unless you lock them in a safe location you can remember when you need them. And if you have someone else put the camera together for you, make sure you tell them to tell you where they put those caps!

Robert M Wright March 2nd, 2006 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin Shaw
I swear that when you put those suckers down they immediately hurl themselves into the farthest, darkest corner of the room

The lens cap for my DV300U excels at that!

I just got my FX1 yesterday, and I really like that I can't misplace that lens cover.