Toy camera? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old March 1st, 2006, 04:38 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Toy camera?

I just spent 30 minutes assembling my new HD100. It felt oddly like I was putting together one of those toys that had "Some Assembly Required" printed on the outside of the box. So far, so good...hopefully. I think I got Tab A in Slot B correctly. ;-)
Robert Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2006, 05:24 PM   #2
Trustee

Congratulations on your purchase Robert! Glad you're aboard with the format.
Stephen L. Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2006, 05:27 PM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Jackson
I just spent 30 minutes assembling my new HD100. It felt oddly like I was putting together one of those toys that had "Some Assembly Required" printed on the outside of the box. So far, so good...hopefully. I think I got Tab A in Slot B correctly. ;-)

If you got it backwards it will actually squirt ink in your eye when you hit record.
Jim Giberti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2006, 06:58 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen L. Noe
Congratulations on your purchase Robert! Glad you're aboard with the format.
Thank you. I've been checking myself out on it for the past few hours and it seems like a very intuitive little camera. I don't actually go back into production on the project I'm working on for three weeks, but I plan to shoot some tests and try to get comfortable with the camera in the meantime. I'm going to have to be careful about that squirting-ink-in-my-eye mode. So far I've been lucky. ;-)

-Rob
Robert Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2006, 02:37 PM   #5
JVC Regional Sales Engineer

I actually get about 3 or 4 calls a year from an irate new customer who just bought their first professional camera and they don't like that it is in pieces and has to be put together.

And 1 or 2 of them will not have ordered power for it. And maybe one of them will have blown their entire budget and have no money for IDX or A-B.

So here we have all the pieces in a pretty painted box. Is this a great country or what?
kfreed@jvc.com
Ken Freed JVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2006, 03:17 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Jackson
After years of one piece plastic cameras, having something that I could put together was a welcome return to the days of the JVC BY-110, the Panasonic 400CLE and all those Ikegamis.
Old March 2nd, 2006, 03:36 PM   #7
Inner Circle

And here's a tip for anyone buying or renting an HD100U: be sure to keep careful track of the two small black plastic caps for the camera body and the back of the lens! I swear that when you put those suckers down they immediately hurl themselves into the farthest, darkest corner of the room, unless you lock them in a safe location you can remember when you need them. And if you have someone else put the camera together for you, make sure you tell them to tell you where they put those caps!
Kevin Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2006, 03:58 PM   #8
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Shaw
I swear that when you put those suckers down they immediately hurl themselves into the farthest, darkest corner of the room
The lens cap for my DV300U excels at that!

I just got my FX1 yesterday, and I really like that I can't misplace that lens cover.
Robert M Wright is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems