Best NLE for HD100,110,200,250? - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old September 21st, 2006, 11:46 AM   #31
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen L. Noe
On the PC side I advocate and use Liquid for ProHD and can offer help in just about any regard via dvinfo.net or Creative cows Liquid forum.
S.Noe
Is there an advantage of AL7.1 over LE6.1 for basic editing?

AL7.1 pro, with all the patches, runs sluggish and unpredicatbly at times on my system. LE6.1 pro runs fine. Does AL7.1 offer anything _needed_ for basic editing, that LE6.1 doesn't have?

And I believe that 24p was not officially supported in Liquid. Has this changed?
Jack Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2006, 03:06 PM   #32
Regular Crew

Editing DVCPRO HD on Premier Pro 2

Hey guys, I have a fairly stupid question: Someone just sent me DVCPro HD 1080i60 footage in QT format, and I'm wondering what I need to do in order to edit it in PP2? I am able to import the files fine and get all of the properties, but the video comes up as white nothingness. Is there a codec for this? I don't necessarily need to edit in native DVCProHD.
Joel Holland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2006, 11:10 AM   #33
Regular Crew

Question for Stephen.... can you post your workflow using Avid Liquid 7..... from shooting (eg.720 24/30p ?) to capture (how?) editing (do you convert to SD? or edit natively?) and finally export (how do you export? SD DVD?) I think answers to these questions would be very beneficial, and much appreciated... thanks Stephen.
Brian Ladue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2006, 11:13 AM   #34
Regular Crew

oh yeah...one more thing does AL7 support 720 60p? (upcoming HD200)
Old October 7th, 2006, 06:30 PM   #35
Trustee

Hi Brian,

Do you want the entire workflow for 720p/30fps to DVD or to what exactly? I've already created some Tut's for these actions found on
THis THread.
Sift down through the thread to find many tutorials that will probably answer most of your questions.

For your second question about 720p/60fps workflow, Liquid 7.1 is already equipped to handle the HD-200/250's 720p/60fps data stream. Consequently it's also ready and being used sucessfully with the Sony F-350 XDCam workflow. They (FAST/Avid) did their homework well on all HDV flavors.

If you have specific questions after viewing the tuts then let me know.

S.Noe
Stephen L. Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2006, 11:51 AM   #36
Regular Crew

Thanks Stephen, Do you have a website or some video example of 720p 24/30fps posted anywhere?
Old October 10th, 2006, 12:00 PM   #37
Regular Crew

And do you also have a workflow for delivery on DVD anywhere as well? SD and HD 24fps & 30fps.
Old October 10th, 2006, 12:23 PM   #38
Trustee

For basic editing of HDV from the HD100, is there an adavantage of Liquid 7.1 over Liquid 6.1?
Jack Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2006, 12:29 PM   #39
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen L. Noe
They (FAST/Avid) did their homework well
I'm an long-term Avid user (from Xpress, Xpress DV/Pro all the way up to Symphony) and I'm getting into Liquid now, mainly on Stephen's suggestion. He's absolutely right that it's a very solid implementation. If the forthcoming (Q4!) release of AXPro/MC from Avid is as well implemented as Liquid 7.1 then we should all be in for a treat (PC and Mac users).

For Avid users, it's worth, er, splashing out on Liquid software-only just to be able to batch capture your Avid bins in native HDV and export to Avid QT in a flavour Avid can currently handle. You can even batch import your converted files into offline/decomposed Avid clips. This means there is a viable (if painful) method for conforming an SD Avid offline with HDV1 footage at 25fps. You don't need to buy a Mac if you don't have one!!
Antony Michael Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2006, 01:39 PM   #40
Regular Crew

Hi Antony,

I am currently looking at the HD110 camera and I am currently running AVID Xpress Pro HD 5.2.1

Do you have any info regarding how this version of Xpress Pro would handle 720p 24p with HD110?

Is it a downgrade to cross over to Liquid 7.1 or an upgrade. I will be shooting drama's with the camera so the 720p 24p is important.

Any advice you have will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Simon
Simon Duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2006, 01:46 PM   #41
Trustee

Chris allows me to post tutorials up on DVinfo.net so I can make just about any tutorial for the Liquid system you need to get your workflow under way. Let me know precisely what you need and I can probably put something together quickly and get you right to the point of the matter.

S.Noe
Old October 10th, 2006, 01:49 PM   #42
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Walker
For basic editing of HDV from the HD100, is there an adavantage of Liquid 7.1 over Liquid 6.1?
Jack,

There are tremendous advantages in Liquid 7.1. Firstly, all framerates are handled natively without any work arounds. Liquid 6.1 requires a work around similar to what FCP users had been doing (external capture and then ingest). Also you get Magic Bullet II included and Commotion plugs. That alone is worth the upgrade cost from Liquid 6.1

You should have no problem editing 720p/30fps and getting out to DVD with Liquid 6.1 but to fully utilize your ProHD investment you should upgrade to 7.1
Old October 10th, 2006, 01:53 PM   #43
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Duncan
Hi Antony,

I am currently looking at the HD110 camera and I am currently running AVID Xpress Pro HD 5.2.1

Do you have any info regarding how this version of Xpress Pro would handle 720p 24p with HD110?

Is it a downgrade to cross over to Liquid 7.1 or an upgrade. I will be shooting drama's with the camera so the 720p 24p is important.

Thanks
Simon
Xpress ProHD doesn't support ProHD without alot of pain. Going from XpressProHD to Liquid 7.1 would be a cross grade and in some areas an upgrade in functionality/capability (multicamera, 5.1 surround, background render & instant save). If you're shooting 24p right now and you don't have a solution then, for the money, Liquid is a really good solution to marry with your ProHD investment.
Old October 10th, 2006, 01:55 PM   #44
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antony Michael Wilson
I'm an long-term Avid user (from Xpress, Xpress DV/Pro all the way up to Symphony) and I'm getting into Liquid now, mainly on Stephen's suggestion. He's absolutely right that it's a very solid implementation. If the forthcoming (Q4!) release of AXPro/MC from Avid is as well implemented as Liquid 7.1 then we should all be in for a treat (PC and Mac users).

For Avid users, it's worth, er, splashing out on Liquid software-only just to be able to batch capture your Avid bins in native HDV and export to Avid QT in a flavour Avid can currently handle. You can even batch import your converted files into offline/decomposed Avid clips. This means there is a viable (if painful) method for conforming an SD Avid offline with HDV1 footage at 25fps. You don't need to buy a Mac if you don't have one!!
Tony,

You'd found a great way to use the software that I hadn't though about (using the batch function to convert). Great stuff

S.Noe
Old October 10th, 2006, 02:23 PM   #45
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Duncan
Hi Antony,

Thanks
Simon
Simon

As Stephen says, traditional Avid applications (Xpress Pro HD and above) do not natively support the HD100 at 24 or 25 fps. You cannot capture HDV1 into Avid applications (except Liquid) at these frame rates. 720p support in general is limited. There is a release for AXPro/MC/Symphony scheduled for 'Q4' this year. The best guess would be December.

In the meantime, you can offline using SD downconverts (via the BRHD50 deck with analogue/RS422) in Avid Xpress Pro and then conform in Liquid by capturing HDV1 native. You can then batch export the clips as Avid QT files (for fast import into Xpress Pro/MC/Symphony) as SD or DNx 1080p for finishing. You can even batch import these clips into offline decomposed clips from your cut sequence in Avid and keep time code and source reel references. This means that your offline Avid sequence will now be conformed via an intermediate stage using Liquid. It's a pretty hefty work-around but it does work.
Antony Michael Wilson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems