Help!!! Comp Wont Recognize Jvc at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old October 9th, 2006, 06:54 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Help!!! Comp Wont Recognize Jvc

Alright so I must be doing something wrong but I don't know what it is. I have a MacBook Pro, running the newest FCP, and I just (for the first time) connected the 110u to the MacBook Pro and nothing happened, then tried it again with the VTR mode on and again, FCP wont recognize the camera...what am I doing wrong??
Hayk Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2006, 07:04 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Okay nevermind I got it to work by going into the Audio/Video settings and changing stuff, but I still have a question...I'll be right back with it...
Old October 9th, 2006, 07:13 PM   #3
Regular Crew

New Questions

Alright so new question:

When I go to the settings for Video and Audio playback it will not let me to choose HDV instead it says [Missing] Apple Fireware NTSC.

and

What is HDV-Apple Intermediate Codec? I had clicked on that but it wouldn't allow me to log my clips so I just changed it to regular 'HDV' and that's on the Capture Preset.

and

on the Device Control I have it on HDV Firewire NDF, but then there is HDV Fireware NDF Basic, what is that, do I need to use that.

I've owned my first ever Mac for only a month and I got the 110u two weeks ago along with FCP, so I don't know anything and you guys are saving my life on a daily basis. Thanks. I just want to make sure I have the right presets to begin with so later on I don't get screwed because I didn't do it the right way in the beginning.

Last edited by Nate Weaver; October 9th, 2006 at 09:32 PM.
Old October 9th, 2006, 10:11 PM   #4
JVC America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayk Paul
Alright so new question:

When I go to the settings for Video and Audio playback it will not let me to choose HDV instead it says [Missing] Apple Fireware NTSC.

and

What is HDV-Apple Intermediate Codec? I had clicked on that but it wouldn't allow me to log my clips so I just changed it to regular 'HDV' and that's on the Capture Preset.

and

on the Device Control I have it on HDV Firewire NDF, but then there is HDV Fireware NDF Basic, what is that, do I need to use that.

I've owned my first ever Mac for only a month and I got the 110u two weeks ago along with FCP, so I don't know anything and you guys are saving my life on a daily basis. Thanks. I just want to make sure I have the right presets to begin with so later on I don't get screwed because I didn't do it the right way in the beginning.
Hayk, maybe this is a simplistic question, but did you seek help from your reseller? If I were buying pro gear that I was not familiar, I would lean on my reseller to help me get through the initial start-up pains. I'm not sure where you are located, but many of the resellers in my area are very familiar with setting up the Mac to work properly with ProHD products. Did you buy from a reseller who can help you?

Regards, Carl
Old October 10th, 2006, 01:55 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Ya I bought from EVS but I figure I can do it on my own and with the help of this board and my school, although HDV is just starting to leak in my school so not many people have experience with it.
Old October 10th, 2006, 06:39 AM   #6
JVC America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayk Paul
Ya I bought from EVS but I figure I can do it on my own and with the help of this board and my school, although HDV is just starting to leak in my school so not many people have experience with it.
Hayk,

If I were you, I would lean on EVS to help you out. That's what a good professional video reseller is supposed to do.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems