Audio & picture go out of sync on long shots at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old December 21st, 2006, 11:20 PM   #1
Trustee

Audio & picture go out of sync on long shots

so is anyone else seeing this -

I have been shooting a doc with some long interviews, often 20-35 minutes of continuos run. 720P30 DF TC, FCP5.0.4, QT7.1.3, 2.5G G5. any clip thats long, over 10 minutes will somewhere about 1/2 way in simply go from in sync to out of sync. more bizzare is that when in play, FCP displays the *wrong* picture. its starts playing picture from another part of the clip. if you stop, it displays the correct picture. it happens at a specific spot in the clip and is repeatable in terms of playing the clip in the TL and it happens at the same spot every time. this is NOT a TC thing of DF vs NDF where FCP slowly goes out, its an exact frame. all this has happened multiple times across several tapes. the tape is fine. it seems to be a FCP problem. I have had this problem on two different machines, the other was a 533DP I was using as a capture station. I have the 5.1.2 updater but can't run it on my main capture machine because I need to sync projects with a another person who is stuck on FCP5.0.4 until apple fixes the boris RED transition failure - they have tons of boris transitions in their projects and can't work with out it. So I'm stuck.

My work around has been to play the long clips until they "go wild" and then re-capture from several seconds before the break to end of clip. The re-captured new clip will play in perfect sync against the original audio once I line it up based on TC. even the edit point where it goes from original clip to new clip is perfect. suggestions ? this is making life miserable. Already trashed FCP prefs BTW

Steve Oakley
Steve Oakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2006, 09:25 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Hey Steve, are the files going nuts in QT as well? Might help rule out camera vs FCP weirdness.

Try a capture with VirtualDVHS.
Old December 22nd, 2006, 07:25 PM   #3
Trustee

its FCP messing up. I checked the media files in movieplayer and they where perfect...

Steve Oakley
Steve Oakley is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems