"Console" like software for the HD-series at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old January 24th, 2007, 09:12 AM   #1
Tourist

"Console" like software for the HD-series

Does anybody know if there is anything like the Console software available for the Canon cameras available for the HD-series of cameras? I think would be great to have that level of control in the field. Has anybody heard anything?

Thanks for any responses.
James Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2007, 09:35 AM   #2

the best bet is Serious Magic's(an adobe company) HDRack. It does everything the Canon Console does, and more. The only thing it won't do for you is give you remote camera control(color settings, etc.)
Bill Ravens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2007, 10:31 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Or the Free VLC player works great with the JVC & you have a nice full screen preview. Just remember to load the JVC driver that ships with XP.
Phil Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2007, 09:25 PM   #4
JVC America

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Richards
Does anybody know if there is anything like the Console software available for the Canon cameras available for the HD-series of cameras? I think would be great to have that level of control in the field. Has anybody heard anything?

Thanks for any responses.
The GY-HD200 and GY-HD250 have a remote port, designed for a hand-held CCU (Camera Control Unit). The CCU model is RM-LP55U. This CCU can control iris, black level, gain, paint, detail, white balance, color bars, and more. The unit has a 15' cable on it. This can be extended if needed.
Old January 24th, 2007, 09:41 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Vlc

Hi Phil, could I capture footage from the BRHD50 using the VLC as a capture tool? If yes would it be possible to post the workflow? I use the VLC on the mac to preview m2ts but I know that people use it to capture as well. My question is for the VLC on a PC not a Mac.
Thank you
Panos
Panos Bournias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2007, 09:51 AM   #6
Tourist

Thanks Carl. That sounds great. Unfortunately, I have an HD-100. One day when I upgrade...
James Richards is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems