HD200/250 audible noise? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old March 26th, 2007, 11:11 PM   #1
Major Player

HD200/250 audible noise?

Hi guys,

I am in the last moments of making a purchase, I really want the HD200 because of the well known upgrades or improvements. But have a concern with questions raised which in my mind still haven't been fully settled as of yet with the forum.
a)I have had a few people confirm the HD200/250 is noiser than the HD110s, but can someone post a audio file to give us an idea of what it sounds like, and under what circumstances it was recorded.

b) Does the camera have, or have not, a noiser video image, Stephen Noe very early in the piece showed that the blue channel was heaps cleaner, but since, theres been multi posts saying the camera acts as if it has the gain permanently turned on. Can people post some examples of this?

Because as much as I want a 50p to tape solution, I may need to purchase the HD111 which I've already used, and know it does a great job, saving some dough as well.

Anyway Peace Out
Thanks in Advance - hope soon to have my own shot material to contribute

cheers

Adam

Last edited by Adam Letch; March 27th, 2007 at 07:16 PM.
Adam Letch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2007, 12:55 AM   #2
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Letch View Post
Hi guys,

I am in the last moments of making a purchase, I really want the HD200 because of the well known upgrades or improvements. But have a concern with questions raised which in my mind still haven't been fully settled as of yet with the forum.
a)I have had a few people confirm the HD200/250 is noiser than the HD110s, but can someone post a audio file to give us an idea of what it sounds like, and under what circumstances it was recorded.

b) Does the camera have, or have not, a noiser video image, Stephen Noe very early in the piece showed that the blue channel was heaps cleaner, but since, theres been multi posts saying the camera acts as if it has the gain permanently turned on. Can people post some examples of this?

Because as must as I want here in Australia anyway a 50p to tape solution, I'd rather get the HD111 which I've already used and know it does a great job if the new camera does have a problem in these areas, and save the dough as well.

Anyway Peace Out
Thanks in Advance - hope soon to have my own shot material to contribute

cheers

Adam

Im selling my cam at the moment - and have not had problems with the audio noise - using the shotgun mic Sennheiser MKH416

In terms of camera noise - my initial tests were done in bad lighting and so obviously the results were not as good as they should have been. You should regard Stephen's observations alot of higher than most as he has actually done the tests - im offloading my cam not because of noise but because im uprading to RED
Tyson Perkins is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems