DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   Recording PAL DV with HD100U (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/93125-recording-pal-dv-hd100u.html)

Michael Hurley May 4th, 2007 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jemore Santos (Post 673088)
Wow, so there is an actual "J" model, I seriously thought my camera was a "U" model even though the logos on my camera actually say "Victor" instead of JVC.
7.5%? whats that?
I have always had the ability to shoot in both full 60Hz and 50Hz modes, HD, SD and in DV. Recently I upgraded the firmware from work, but is exactly the same in function.

That's pretty amazing, Jemore.

How did you manage to update the firmware?

I presume you're not in a position to share the NTSC-J firmware with the rest of us?

Jemore Santos May 4th, 2007 07:29 PM

Mike, I actually bought this camera when I was living in Japan, and all along I thought my camera was a "U" camera because this was an NTSC region, When I relocated to Sydney I also thought there was no way to shoot in PAL DV because the brochure said so, but I played with the settings and I managed to get PAL DV50i setting, I recently upgraded the firmware because of the white blemish from my camera, the engineer from work managed to upgrade my system FPG settings to the latest version. This has not effected any functions of my camera, I have always had NTSC and PAL capabilities.

Michael Hurley May 5th, 2007 05:36 AM

Hey Jemore,

Apologies for not posting back last night - the whole of dvinfo.net seemed to go down.

Sure must be great having both PAL and NTSC in the same box. It really isn't a biggie for me, but the ability to have a PAL DV cassette immediately available after a shoot would be handy for some of the corporate work I do.

When you say 'I played with the settings' and you got the PAL 50i setting - did this involve something out of the ordinary like a combination of button pushes? Or was the PAL DV setting there already and available from the REC section of the menu?

All the best.

Michaell

Jemore Santos May 5th, 2007 07:00 AM

Hey Michael, straight out of the box with the options available to me, I seriously thought that this wasn't out of the norm, hmmm, I work for a rental company here and I'm going to have a look at the HD101e for the option of DV60i, and also the HD200/250.

Michael Hurley May 5th, 2007 11:58 AM

Good stuff, Jemore.

Look forward to seeing where this goes.

Carl Martin December 24th, 2007 12:46 PM

Hey Tim

I shot video using 50/25 HDV SD50P, Can this be converted to PAL?

Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Hurley (Post 673069)
Thanks, Tim.

That was my initial understanding also, ie. the PAL formats you could shoot on a HD100U are HDV based only - 720P25 and 576P50.

I was hoping someone had found a workaround to acquire PAL DV directly (50i to tape) perhaps through changes to the firmware, etc.

Hopefully, Jemore can let us know how he enabled it on his 100U.

Thanks everyone for your input.

Michael.

David Knaggs December 26th, 2007 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl Martin (Post 797701)
I shot video using 50/25 HDV SD50P, Can this be converted to PAL?

Yes. Capture the footage using DVHSCap. Then use MPEG Streamclip to convert into PAL Quicktime movies. Just set the Frame Rate box to 25 in MPEG Streamclip.