IIDX battery and DR-HD100 bracket at DVinfo.net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old May 5th, 2007, 04:52 AM   #1
Regular Crew

IIDX battery and DR-HD100 bracket

Hi,

I'm using 2 IDX Endura 7s batteries with my HD-251.
The Endura's don't last that long with the HD251, DR-HD100, and PAG light.

The DR-HD100 is mounted on the back with the new bracket. I'm wondering if a IDX Endura 10 with a 7s will fit between the DR-HD100 bracket and the camera.

My other option is to buy 1 or 2 Endura 7 batteries. So I can slide the 7s battery on the back of a Endura 7.

Anybody else using 2 Endura's athe the same time with a DR-HD100?
Marc Jayson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2007, 07:08 AM   #2
Regular Crew

i think the difference is about 3cm, how much room do you have to spare?

a question: how do you power the dr-hd100 from the idx batteries? Im have the idx mount plate for the hd110 and am thinking about switching to tapeless as well, but Im not sure how to power the hd.
Thomas Weilguny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2007, 09:24 PM   #3
Major Player

There is a "D" power tap on the IDX mount. This allows you to run what ever you want from the IDX battery. Monitor, light, HD, etc. as long as you can find a D tap cable for your item.

I believe that the JVC bracket for the JVC HD (IDX Kit) comes with the proper cable.

I purchase a battery from Batteries4Broadcast and that battery comes with a D tap right on the battery. In theory I could run the HD and a small on camera monitor at the same time using both D taps.

Dan Weber
Daniel Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2007, 02:39 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Weilguny View Post
i think the difference is about 3cm, how much room do you have to spare?

a question: how do you power the dr-hd100 from the idx batteries? Im have the idx mount plate for the hd110 and am thinking about switching to tapeless as well, but Im not sure how to power the hd.
I'm using the D Tap on the IDX mount with splitter for the PAG light and the DR-HD100. I only connect the DR-HD100 when the battery is getting low.

I'm going to measure the space I have left later today.
Old May 9th, 2007, 07:01 AM   #5
Regular Crew

I just tried to fit 2 Endura 7s batteries and that doesn't fit. The gap between the IDX mount and DR-HD100 bracket is about 6cm.
Old May 9th, 2007, 11:24 AM   #6
Major Player

I also have 2 stackable IDX E7 batts. Also very interested in using the d-tap power since I highly covet a firestore drive. Also like to power my lectro receiver and litepanel, so I'm looking at a splitter. I'd never run 3, since the lectro can easily go to 9 volts.
The E7s is not stackable. at first I hoped that the cheaper batt could "feed" the power link, but it receives from a different place. I guess I could hang a Batteries4Broadcast with a d-tap on back, and just dedicate that to accessory power. This should work, right?
With the JVC/IDX mount priced at $300+, I'm very motivated to find alternate rigging for wireless and firestore. BEC has a bunch of useful modular mounts, and I'm not above bending aluminum or strapping a bag on either....
Old May 9th, 2007, 02:55 PM   #7
Regular Crew

I just got an email from my dealer, he told me I can adjust the bracket so I can fit a E7 and E7s! I'm going to check this as soon I'm back home.
Marc Jayson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY

Z.G.C.
(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems