DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   Is anyone renting the HZ-CA13U in L.A.? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/98052-anyone-renting-hz-ca13u-l.html)

Fischer Spooner July 2nd, 2007 06:24 PM

Is anyone renting the HZ-CA13U in L.A.?

I can't seem to find anyone renting it. This doesn't entirely seem to make sense. No prob finding them for sale. How bout renting for a day or two?

Sean Adair July 6th, 2007 11:44 AM

or NYC!?

I'd also be very interested in renting one - especially with a few lenses. I've thought about pushing Abel Cine to put one up for rental, as they have a good selection of 16mm lenses, but if someone here has one and wants to make some extra scratch with a private rental, I'll definitely have some application for it.

Fischer Spooner July 9th, 2007 08:33 PM

Birns & Sawyer

I went over to birns & sawyer (by the arclight) prior to the hz-ca13u's release (could they have thought of a more impossible name to remember?) and the dude there said yeah, they were really enthusiastic about stocking them for rental for precisely that reason that has been consistenly brought up...it allows rental houses to more effectively rent their 16mm lens inventories...

I called birns & sawyer back and the person answering the phone was all "do you mean a p+s technik?" AARGGHH. I.e., not in stock, never heard of it, etc.

Dear JVC marketing,

Get your act together. It's not a meaningful product if it's not rentable. Even the redrock is widely rentable--and by any reasonable criteria is a far lower quality device in comparison.

With the lack of rod support and deeper depth of field, the jvc adapter seems like the ideal adapter for steadicam work. It's really surprising to me how slow this market is to mature.

Jim Martin July 20th, 2007 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fischer Spooner
I went over to birns & sawyer (by the arclight) prior to the hz-ca13u's release (could they have thought of a more impossible name to remember?) and the dude there said yeah, they were really enthusiastic about stocking them for rental for precisely that reason that has been consistenly brought up...it allows rental houses to more effectively rent their 16mm lens inventories...

I called birns & sawyer back and the person answering the phone was all "do you mean a p+s technik?" AARGGHH. I.e., not in stock, never heard of it, etc.

Fischer-
I'm sorry you got some bad info here when you called. Yes, we have had them here to buy or rent since they're first release. Please call Jeff Jackson or Steve Grimm and they can give you a good rental quote on the unit. We have been very happy with the HZ-CA13U/HD250 combo results and we were showing it in our booth at Cinegear last month.

Jim Martin
Birns & Sawyer Inc
323-466-8211

p.s. The name comes from the founders Jack Birns & Cliff Sawyer who founded the company in 1954. As for the JVC part name, I think it was named for a certain region of Japan where they make lens adapters......just kidding