Is anyone renting the HZ-CA13U in L.A.? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old July 2nd, 2007, 06:24 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Is anyone renting the HZ-CA13U in L.A.?

I can't seem to find anyone renting it. This doesn't entirely seem to make sense. No prob finding them for sale. How bout renting for a day or two?
Fischer Spooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2007, 11:44 AM   #2
Major Player

or NYC!?

I'd also be very interested in renting one - especially with a few lenses. I've thought about pushing Abel Cine to put one up for rental, as they have a good selection of 16mm lenses, but if someone here has one and wants to make some extra scratch with a private rental, I'll definitely have some application for it.
Old July 9th, 2007, 08:33 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Birns & Sawyer

I went over to birns & sawyer (by the arclight) prior to the hz-ca13u's release (could they have thought of a more impossible name to remember?) and the dude there said yeah, they were really enthusiastic about stocking them for rental for precisely that reason that has been consistenly brought up...it allows rental houses to more effectively rent their 16mm lens inventories...

I called birns & sawyer back and the person answering the phone was all "do you mean a p+s technik?" AARGGHH. I.e., not in stock, never heard of it, etc.

Dear JVC marketing,

Get your act together. It's not a meaningful product if it's not rentable. Even the redrock is widely rentable--and by any reasonable criteria is a far lower quality device in comparison.

With the lack of rod support and deeper depth of field, the jvc adapter seems like the ideal adapter for steadicam work. It's really surprising to me how slow this market is to mature.
Fischer Spooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2007, 06:50 PM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fischer Spooner
I went over to birns & sawyer (by the arclight) prior to the hz-ca13u's release (could they have thought of a more impossible name to remember?) and the dude there said yeah, they were really enthusiastic about stocking them for rental for precisely that reason that has been consistenly brought up...it allows rental houses to more effectively rent their 16mm lens inventories...

I called birns & sawyer back and the person answering the phone was all "do you mean a p+s technik?" AARGGHH. I.e., not in stock, never heard of it, etc.

Fischer-
I'm sorry you got some bad info here when you called. Yes, we have had them here to buy or rent since they're first release. Please call Jeff Jackson or Steve Grimm and they can give you a good rental quote on the unit. We have been very happy with the HZ-CA13U/HD250 combo results and we were showing it in our booth at Cinegear last month.

Jim Martin
Birns & Sawyer Inc
323-466-8211

p.s. The name comes from the founders Jack Birns & Cliff Sawyer who founded the company in 1954. As for the JVC part name, I think it was named for a certain region of Japan where they make lens adapters......just kidding

Last edited by Tim Dashwood; July 29th, 2007 at 08:18 AM. Reason: i can't read
Jim Martin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems