DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hm-800-700-600-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   HM790 scene / picture files (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hm-800-700-600-series-camera-systems/503838-hm790-scene-picture-files.html)

Mark Leuschner December 24th, 2011 01:28 PM

HM790 scene / picture files

Merry Christmas all.

Would anyone be able to assist me with some HM790 scene / picture files for both night and day shooting.

I am looking for files that will compliment and work in well with my EX1R that has Wolfgang’s Picture Profiles added. (Great PPs).

I am not trying to achieve a film look but bright vibrant colours, good detail and very low noise as I often shoot in low light conditions, 1080 / 25P.

I have searched all over the net without any luck, in fact there does not seem to be much out there relating to the HM 790 at all.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mark Leuschner December 28th, 2011 01:46 AM

Re: HM790 scene / picture files

Hi all,

After searching through DVinfo, I have found a very nice picture file with really vivid colours and nice blacks for day time shooting with my GY HM790. The results of the rendered files have been attached below.

I am still looking for a Low Light picture / scene file.

My questions is: Does anyone have a low light picture file for 1080P with no or very little noise?

Here is a short clip with my HM-790 that was taken on a recent afternoon after I loaded the new picture file courtesy of DVinfo.

Thanks guys

Mike James December 28th, 2011 12:18 PM

Mark,

Can you post the settings here? Does anyone have some indoor settings that have been working well for them?

Thanks,

Mike

Mark Leuschner December 28th, 2011 06:56 PM

Hi Mike.

Below are the picture file settings that I have found on DVinfo that work well on bright sunny days on my GY HM790.

Detail: Normal (I have changed this to 7)
Master Black: -2
Black Toe: Normal (or Stretch 3)
Knee: 75%
White Clip: 108%
Gamma: Cinema
Master Level: Min
R Level: Normal
G Level: -3
B Level: Normal
Color Matrix: Standard
Matrix Adjust: All on Normal (JVC Default)
Color Gain: 4
DNR: On

If anyone has settings for DARK DAYS or LOW LIGHT that would be nice.

Mike Kujbida December 28th, 2011 09:16 PM

Mark, not sure it will help but there's a lowlight setting for the HM700 in the first post in the http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-h...ure-files.html thread.

Mark Leuschner January 1st, 2012 01:25 PM

Hi Mike.

I have seen these picture settings but could not get them to work correctly on the HM 790 or in a way that I was happy with the results.

After days of playing around with different settings I have finally come up with picture files that I am very pleased with.

The results can be seen below.

JVC HM GY-790 TEST - YouTube

Svein Rune Skilnand January 2nd, 2012 05:25 AM

Hi Mark.
As an HM790 owner myself, may I ask what your settings are and what lens you are using?

This looks interesting and I would certainly give them a try.

Paul Anderegg September 11th, 2014 06:52 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Try these, got most of the color settings from some previous posts. This is a fairly straight to BROADCAST configuration, just pull the whites to 100% and your good to go. Trying to get the camera (790) on a scope to get everything perfected, but I will post a YouTube clip soon of footage using these settings. For now, here are a couple of selected frame grabs.

Paul

CAMERA PROCESS MENU

DETAIL: 1

DETAIL ADJUST-

V/H BALANCE H-MAX

H FREQUENCY HIGH

V FREQUENCY HIGH

MASTER BLACK: NORMAL

BLACK TOE: NORMAL

KNEE: MANUAL

LEVEL: 70%

WHITE CLIP: 108%