DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Micro / POV Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/micro-pov-camera-systems/)
-   -   Full HD problem in Go Pro Hero2 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/micro-pov-camera-systems/504903-full-hd-problem-go-pro-hero2.html)

Mike Wade January 31st, 2012 10:02 AM

Full HD problem in Go Pro Hero2

When I use my GoPro Hero HD2 in full HD (1920 X 1080) its very noisey with tearing and pulsing of the picture but it's fine when I drop down to 1280 x 960. Am in Pal so in 25 fps. I have this problem on Premiere CS5 timeline where EX1 footage plays correctly and I get the same result when playing back in Quick Time Player or Adobe Media Player. Updating the firmware made no difference. Any ideas ?

Don Litten January 31st, 2012 01:56 PM

Re: Full HD problem in Go Pro Hero2

Can you post an example Mike. That could be a lot of things.

Mike Wade February 1st, 2012 05:03 AM

What would be the best ( easiest ) way to do that ?

Chris Harding February 1st, 2012 05:51 PM

Hi Mike

Probably it would be best to upload just say 30 seconds of the MP4 file as raw footage ...if you stick it on YouTube or Vimeo it will be converted to 1280 which may look correct!!

My 1080 PAL footage looks great but I'm using Sony Vegas to edit and there is no noise or jumping.

Was this outdoor daylight footage??? with a tiny cam like the Hero indoor will look noisey but mine certainly has no issues with motion!!

Chris

Ian Newland February 1st, 2012 06:16 PM

It sounds like computer spec problem. Try downloading the free Splash Media player and play with that, it plays fine on low spec computers. Free Splash Lite - Next Generation Player homepage

Mike Wade February 2nd, 2012 04:50 AM

Oh dear sorry to put you to the trouble of looking for a solution but the problem is solved. The aweful picture was caused by a combination of less than optimum playback setting on Premiere and the card I was using - a SanDisk Ultra Class 4 card. Now with a PNY Class 10 card the picture is great and the noise is not bad at all in low light.

Ian Newland February 6th, 2012 06:12 PM

The class 4 should have been more than ample for recording Gopro HD video providing it's not a fake card. If you are trying to playback video direct from SD card then read speed can be an issue. Solution download to Hard drive first.

Taky Cheung February 14th, 2012 01:16 AM

I just did this video yesterday with Hero2 filimg in 1080p. Speed up the clip 10x

GoPro Hero2 - from Pasadena to Rowland Heights with - YouTube

Francis Chee October 2nd, 2012 05:13 PM

Hi I have Hero HD2 and have just been using it in full sunlight no clouds shooting in PAL 25fps 1080X1920 wide view option, non spot metering and all shots taken above the water were totally noisy viewed either on a PC or a high end MacPro tower using QT. I had a SanDisk class 10 SD card onboard (a genuine one). All underwater footage under same lighting conditions was great but nothing is useable from the topside shots. So my camera's problem is not from low light but quite the opposite. I've also read several reviews stating the same problems. I'm hoping a firmware update can???? fix the problem otherwise, it's going back. Never had this problem with the Hero.
BTW it makes no difference whether viewing the .mp4's or a ProRes422 QT file. Anyway sorry this is not a solution.

Frank