Full HD problem in Go Pro Hero2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Micro / POV Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Micro / POV Camera Systems
Covering the GoPro HERO and other small Point-Of-View video cameras.

Old January 31st, 2012, 10:02 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Full HD problem in Go Pro Hero2

When I use my GoPro Hero HD2 in full HD (1920 X 1080) its very noisey with tearing and pulsing of the picture but it's fine when I drop down to 1280 x 960. Am in Pal so in 25 fps. I have this problem on Premiere CS5 timeline where EX1 footage plays correctly and I get the same result when playing back in Quick Time Player or Adobe Media Player. Updating the firmware made no difference. Any ideas ?
Old January 31st, 2012, 01:56 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Full HD problem in Go Pro Hero2

Can you post an example Mike. That could be a lot of things.
Don Litten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2012, 05:03 AM   #3
Regular Crew

What would be the best ( easiest ) way to do that ?
Old February 1st, 2012, 05:51 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Hi Mike

Probably it would be best to upload just say 30 seconds of the MP4 file as raw footage ...if you stick it on YouTube or Vimeo it will be converted to 1280 which may look correct!!

My 1080 PAL footage looks great but I'm using Sony Vegas to edit and there is no noise or jumping.

Was this outdoor daylight footage??? with a tiny cam like the Hero indoor will look noisey but mine certainly has no issues with motion!!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2012, 06:16 PM   #5
Major Player

It sounds like computer spec problem. Try downloading the free Splash Media player and play with that, it plays fine on low spec computers. Free Splash Lite - Next Generation Player homepage
Ian Newland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2012, 04:50 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Oh dear sorry to put you to the trouble of looking for a solution but the problem is solved. The aweful picture was caused by a combination of less than optimum playback setting on Premiere and the card I was using - a SanDisk Ultra Class 4 card. Now with a PNY Class 10 card the picture is great and the noise is not bad at all in low light.
Old February 6th, 2012, 06:12 PM   #7
Major Player

The class 4 should have been more than ample for recording Gopro HD video providing it's not a fake card. If you are trying to playback video direct from SD card then read speed can be an issue. Solution download to Hard drive first.
Ian Newland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2012, 01:16 AM   #8
Inner Circle

I just did this video yesterday with Hero2 filimg in 1080p. Speed up the clip 10x

GoPro Hero2 - from Pasadena to Rowland Heights with - YouTube
Old October 2nd, 2012, 05:13 PM   #9
New Boot

Hi I have Hero HD2 and have just been using it in full sunlight no clouds shooting in PAL 25fps 1080X1920 wide view option, non spot metering and all shots taken above the water were totally noisy viewed either on a PC or a high end MacPro tower using QT. I had a SanDisk class 10 SD card onboard (a genuine one). All underwater footage under same lighting conditions was great but nothing is useable from the topside shots. So my camera's problem is not from low light but quite the opposite. I've also read several reviews stating the same problems. I'm hoping a firmware update can???? fix the problem otherwise, it's going back. Never had this problem with the Hero.
BTW it makes no difference whether viewing the .mp4's or a ProRes422 QT file. Anyway sorry this is not a solution.

Frank
Francis Chee is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Micro / POV Camera Systems