Hero 3 Rope Swing video at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Micro / POV Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Micro / POV Camera Systems
Covering the GoPro HERO and other small Point-Of-View video cameras.

Old February 4th, 2014, 12:19 AM   #1
New Boot

Hero 3 Rope Swing video

Hello,
I am new around here, but have been reading through many topics on here over the past few weeks.
I would like an opinion on one of my videos, what you think i could do to improve etc if you don't mind.
I filmed this all in about 5 hours at a going away party one of my friends had and decided to make a clip, my GoPro Hero 3 Black edition was the only camera used and most of the time it was on a wood stick with a pole mount and i used my DJI Phantom for a few of the shots aswell.
Thanks for your feedback and enjoy.

Last edited by David Behrens; February 4th, 2014 at 01:05 AM.
David Behrens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2014, 01:27 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Hero 3 Rope Swing video

Hi David

That sure brings back memories! Great energy and action in the film to match with the music.

I did Grade Six and Seven at Maryborough Central and we had a house on the river in Lennox Street. It is an idyllic town to grow up in. I remember swimming down the river after the last day of primary school to a friend's house where the whole class had a break up barbecue. We never even considered what lurks in that river.

I saw a recent report of a 3m croc that was sunning itself further down the Mary river towards the mouth. When we lived there a shark was caught at Tiaro (50km up stream from the mouth) but that was before the weir went in. Then there are the cat fish, throw a piece of bread in at the Muddy Waters Cafe and watch the surface boil. The ducks don't get a chance!

I liked the film, as you can see from the above for nostalgic reasons. There were though some really great shots, but the Phantom did seem a little far away in some. I would caution that it does not appear that the music was credited and possibly licensed. This can be a source of risk for you. Could I suggest that you have a look at incompetech.com which has a vast range of music that you can use with attribution to the creator.
Old February 4th, 2014, 04:21 AM   #3
New Boot

Hi Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Lewis View Post
That sure brings back memories! Great energy and action in the film to match with the music.
Thankyou for your response, it is very interesting to know someone else who also grew up here, it was my first time flying the Phantom, and i am currently in the progress of fabricating a quick release mount for my new Tarot T-2D gimbal so there should be some good improvements in that area in future videos.

Quote:
I would caution that it does not appear that the music was credited and possibly licensed. This can be a source of risk for you. Could I suggest that you have a look at incompetech.com which has a vast range of music that you can use with attribution to the creator.
I did acknowledge the music in the "Video Manager" section on youtube, do you think it would be appropriate for me to also mention it in the description?
Old February 4th, 2014, 04:54 AM   #4
Major Player

It might be nice to give credit where credit is due, David. I am not familiar with the Youtube Music manager, but if it gives the appropriate permission to use the music, then that is good.

I am even more impressed that that was your first time flying the Phantom. We look forward to seeing more videos.
Old February 8th, 2014, 01:51 AM   #5
New Boot

Quote:
It might be nice to give credit where credit is due, David. I am not familiar with the Youtube Music manager, but if it gives the appropriate permission to use the music, then that is good.

I am even more impressed that that was your first time flying the Phantom. We look forward to seeing more videos.
Okay thankyou for the suggestion, I have contacted them and given the appropriate credit.

Thankyou, I had flown it a few times previously just to get the feel of things but it was pretty much my first time flying. I now have my gimbal fitted and am currently uploading a video with the test footage, the smoothness of the gimbal footage is absolutely stunning and I am looking forward to getting better at flying!

Edit: Here is some of the test footage, just raw and only at 720p:

Last edited by David Behrens; February 8th, 2014 at 03:13 AM.
Old February 23rd, 2014, 10:47 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Hi,
This is what I think…… I would do some different transitions for some of your cuts. Also I would cut if down to less than one minute, as that is about the upper limit that people will watch. I also would have like to see some "underwater shots. Could you have mounted the Go Pro on the rope itself?
Kenneth Burgener is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Micro / POV Camera Systems