Sanyo HD1 footage! - Page 32 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > (MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

(MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)
A compact 720p MPEG4 digital media camera recording to SD Card.

Old April 15th, 2006, 01:46 AM   #466
Regular Crew

Got a few more vids up. One is at full zoom and another is at night (not as bad as I feared not as good as I dreamed its really not too bad at all !!)

Chris Taylor
http://www.nerys.com/sanyo
Old April 17th, 2006, 08:11 PM   #467
Regular Crew

Ok I am going to start deleting older video folders (I am running out of space)

04082006 and 04092006 will be deleted tommorrow so if you want em go get em :-)

got a trampoline video up for 04162006 its pretty cool !

Chris Taylor
http://www.nerys.com
Old January 8th, 2007, 06:06 PM   #468
New Boot

HD2 announced today!

http://www.sanyodigital.com/video_ca...HD2/index.html

What do we think of this one?

75% better low light performance and a 7MP camera.
Old January 8th, 2007, 11:39 PM   #469
Regular Crew

uhhhhh I want it ? now they just need a 3hr battery (sanyo I dont mind if it "sticks" out the side of the camera :-)

Has anyone tried the 8gb card in the HD1 ?

Chris Taylor
http://www.nerys.com/
Old February 4th, 2007, 12:38 PM   #470
New Boot

I am just doing my first film clips with my Sanyo and, well, it is my first video camera every, so I am quite unexperienced. I will make a movie with Adobe Premiere later and load it up when I have enough footage, but I got a probably simple question:
I am running the Sanyo on full auto everything and noticed that depending on the direction I film in it adjusts itself to the sunlight. Which results that if I film the same spot from different directions it may appear very dark or very light. Is that something that I would have to manually adjust to prevent that effect? Or is that handled later in a movie studio by lighten or darken the material during the cut? And if I have to manually adjust it.... which setting would that be?
To bad I am such a newby in filimg ;) there are so many nice spots in California and some of the material I already have looks quite amazing. Well some doesn't, but if I have to downsize it to DVD-format it will probably sharpen a bit and look better...
Old February 7th, 2007, 12:43 AM   #471
New Boot

OK, the third time I 'tried' to use the camera. I kind of explored some of the parks in orange county and uploaded to shots from Heisler Park in Laguna Beach. I am actually quite pleased with what the camera produces. Although I still need a lot of experience since this is my first video camera and some shots for example were kind of usesless because I filmed directly into the sun and had sunflares all over the image. But if I have enough material, the next step will be cutting ;)

http://rapidshare.com/files/15302483/SANY0024.MP4

http://rapidshare.com/files/15301172/SANY0029.MP4

These two shots are raw, directly from the camera. All settings are factory default. Could I have produced a better result with manual settings? And if so any suggestions?
Old February 7th, 2007, 04:11 AM   #472
Regular Crew

Great footages !

but the manual setting important for different footages ( moving areas, varying ligth or focus situations, )

i use the fixed focus ( joystick push up )
fixed iso (50 in good light conditions)
fixed white balance
manual exposure ...i fixed the F3.5 and operate the shutter speed ( or ND filter ) for a good lighting picture
and i not use image stabilizer

one bad things the "preview" picture on the lcd screen ( in manual mode)
allways make a short record and check the picture ...

i hope this help...
Pond5 – the world’s first web-based stock footage marketplace –
Old February 7th, 2007, 05:55 AM   #473
Regular Crew

Alex, you just gave me the best buying argument for a hd xacti ever since I considered getting that camera.

I always was a bit sceptic about the hd1/a cameras footage since I was always pretty annoyed by the white noise and jagging when I was watching samples on my Apple Powerbook. But I replayed your footage through my ordinary TV and it looked just excellent.

I've heard many people complaining about oversaturated colours in hd1/a footage. What I've seen in your footage isn't oversaturated. I'd call it brilliant!

So I've made my choice. I'm sooo buying a hd2 as soon as it's out. Thanks!
Old February 7th, 2007, 10:21 AM   #474
New Boot

Well, some things that I noticed with some further tests:
The imagestabilization is not very good or I got the first signs of Parkinson.... either way, I have to use a tripod or lean onto something to have a nice steady picture. There is a postprocessing software from Sanyo for image stabilization which works pretty well actually. I used it for some of the shots I did freehanded and they get a little bit unsharp in HD, but they look OK again if downsized to DVD format, they are not that shaky anymore, guess that's what matters ;).
Well the image quality looks good in my eyes, even though I do not know crap how it should look like ;) watching the 10th time the footage of the cliff in Heisler Park, I begin to notice some artifacts in the dark parts of the Palm trees, but hey, if I have to watch it 10 times to think to see something, the picture must be good, no? And agreed, in dark conditions the camera does not perfom very well. I did some pictures over christmas with a flash indoors, which were great, but the video was either grainy or too dark.
But overall, I am very pleased with my first camera....

Next weekend I will do some shots with different settings, Robert, to see if it makes any difference.

PS: Alex, where from Germany are you from?

Last edited by Alexander Schmitz; February 7th, 2007 at 10:52 AM.
Old February 7th, 2007, 12:12 PM   #475
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Schmitz
PS: Alex, where from Germany are you from?
In the prettiest town there is in Germany, Hamburg. And you?
Old February 7th, 2007, 12:14 PM   #476
New Boot

Now Irvine, CA, before that I was living in Dortmund.
Old February 7th, 2007, 06:40 PM   #477
New Boot

http://rapidshare.com/files/15438499/SANY0030.JPG

I just added one photograph, too, same day, almost same spot. I took the videos from the stairs you see in the picture. As I bought the Xacti as a replacement for my very old digital camera, the photo capabilities were important to me, too. Well, my old camera was a 3MP Kodak, so anything would have been better, but I really like, how photographs turn out, too.
Old February 15th, 2007, 10:51 AM   #478
Inner Circle

what ever happened to www.hd1a.com? Great place for footage. Wasn't somebody here behind it?
Old February 15th, 2007, 10:09 PM   #479
Regular Crew

I sent an email to the host "mc", but didn't get a reply.
Old February 24th, 2007, 10:30 AM   #480
Regular Crew

http://www.mattjohnstonrally.com/mat...lips/Mikes.mov

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > (MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)