New GL2...Windows Movie Maker software? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old August 23rd, 2003, 10:06 PM   #1
New Boot

New GL2...Windows Movie Maker software?

Hi, I just got my new cam 2 days ago. So far I love it! When I downloaded some footage using Movie Maker at "high" quality setting, I found it not much better than my Sony digital 8. I KNOW that the GL2s footage is much better, but what program do I need to import it at that high quality level? Thank you.
Bruce Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2003, 12:52 PM   #2
Regular Crew

did you output it?

if you are previewing it on the computer perhaps you are seeing a compressed version. A full dv output might show you the full quality. I use a mac so I can't say much about the windows program but unless you put it out to tape at full quality you may be seeing a compressed image meant for desktop work.
Old August 24th, 2003, 01:22 PM   #3
New Boot

I have used movie maker 2 as well and I have been quite amazed at the .avi output burned into dvd using sonic dvd and intervideo dvd creator. oh yes, GL2 is my source. although i have not compared it with digital 8 output, i would think that there may be a noticeable difference in overall quality. Resolution is pretty much the same i think since digital 8 is also more than 500 lines of resolution.
Sam Tenizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2003, 02:30 PM   #4
New Boot

MOVIEMAKER

When I watch what i just downloaded at "full screen" it looks all pixelated/jagged etc....how can I change that? I thought it would be crystal clear....?????
Bruce Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2003, 10:57 AM   #5
Major Player

Hi,

When capturing, make sure you select "DV AVI" as quality. The final file should be about 200mb/minute ( about 3.4mb/sec )

Also remember that your footage doesn't contain so many pixels as your monitor does...a PAL video is 720x576 -> and my monitor is 1280x1024, so viewing fullscreen would be like 200% zoomed.

Good luck!

ps. The picture quality from the GL2/XM2 is amazing, just showed my friends a DVD that I made from XM2 material, they were truely impressed. ds.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC