When to buy a cam? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old August 27th, 2003, 05:07 PM   #1
Regular Crew

When to buy a cam?

I'm planning on buying a new camera soon (either a PD150 or a DVX100) and I'm wondering if I should buy it now, or wait a few months to see if the price goes down. Though I WOULD wait until next year to see if Sony's coming out with any new products (and if their competitors lowered their prices in turn), but I need to get something for a project this year.

Is there any specific time of the year thats coming up soon when for some reason camera prices will be down/lower than usual? Do any big stores like B&H run annual sales?
Chris Mueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2003, 05:16 PM   #2
Inner Circle

You can always wait until a used cam pops up in your city. If you get to inspect it before you buy it you should be safe.

mandy.com, ebay.com has listings for used equipment. mandy.com is like a free classified listing.

I wouldn't wait for price drops or anything, as you will be waiting forever. If you think a PD-150 replacement is coming out soon then it might be worth waiting, but I doubt it. I would try to buy used locally so you can pay cash on delivery (and not get scammed) and you can inspect the camera before you buy it.
Glenn Chan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion