Misc. Open DV from 2004 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old February 12th, 2004, 03:28 AM   #1
RED Code Chef

Misc. Open DV from 2004

http://www.eyetronics.com/eyewitness...4/startrek.php

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2004, 03:05 PM   #2
Wrangler

Cinematrix Directing/Producer software? Comments?

Has anyone used the Cinematrix Directing/Producer software? What do you think of it?
Michael Wisniewski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2004, 02:16 AM   #3
New Boot

ExpoDisc for white balance?

Has anyone ever used this product (www.expodisc.com) for setting white balance at the camera rather than with a white or gray card?

Just wondering what the results are like and whether it's worth the price (over, say, a piece of white paper).
Stephen Buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2004, 07:53 AM   #4
New Boot

List of cameras, please

Hi,

Could someone please post a list of dv/hd cameras in the pricerange above the drs500 and the dv700wucl?

Can you edit hd in avid?

Thanks for your time!

Jonas
Jonas Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2004, 03:11 AM   #5
New Boot

Panasonic and Sony in Bangkok?

Where can I buy Panasonic and Sony dv cams in Bangkok? Name of shops and addresses would be helpfull. Also, are cams cheaper in Singapore than Bangkok?

I am looking to make a choice from these
MX8
MX500
GS70
TRV60

Thanks
Devang Shah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2004, 09:32 PM   #6
Outer Circle

Jvc Gr-dv900

Is the JVC GR-DV900U a 2004 model or a 2003 model?
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2004, 06:32 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Good Link for a Nice Hard-Shell Case for your Camera...

Since I am stuck at home for a while on disability, I have plenty of time to browse the web as of late.

I just found this nice, Pelican-Style case at All Electronics for 60 bucks and thought I would share the info for anyone else looking for a hard case for their camera.

http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bi...-40&type=store

Sorry in advance if I placed this message in the wrong catagory...

Enjoy,

-Phil

FCC Licensed Electronics Technician (GROL)
Amateur Radio - KC4UVU
Life Member of the PSHA - Pinnacle Studio Haters of America
Phil Reams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2004, 04:38 AM   #8
Tourist

Problem with my JVC GR-DX300E. HELP !!!

Hi everybody!

I bought recently a JVC GR-DX300E it worked great on the frst test. But now (It's been less than a month since I bought it), the USB video streaming is not working with other programs than image mixer. Thus I'm not beeing able to use it as a webcam (In MSN it says there is a technical error and that the cam might be in use , in Yahoo it says Your camera does not support the required picture size, in netmeeting the picture would just freez after the connection is made but there is a streaming preview before establishing the connection.) The first day I tried it on MSN and it worked just fine. It's generating an error in windows movie maker also : when trying to capture the video it says that the device has too many events to fire from.
I tried it on another PC it made the same errors and problem!
I need to know if it's the camcorder or if it's another problem (Windows for instance...), before sending back the cam for repair (it will take 4 to 10 weeks.)

I'm waiting for you help!!! Thx
Antoine Khalil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2004, 05:49 PM   #9
Capt. Quirk

GL! lenses and filters

I was looking through an ebay store, and I noticed that they carried Opteka lenses and filters. Has anyone tried any Opteka products? What really caught my eye, was the .5 wide angle lens, and the Telephoto lens.

And on a simuler topic- Can you stack a telephoto lens, a wide angle lens, and filters? Or would that cause problems?
Old April 22nd, 2004, 10:58 PM   #10
New Boot

Datavision DAC-10 Analog-Digital any good?

Any thoughts on the newer Datavision DAC-10? I need to work from, and convert from, betacamSP, so need a converter of some kind, budget limit of 5-600. I've seen the DAC-2 and have been told it was OK, but it has been discontinued and replaced by the DAC-10. Both are still available for sale on the net as new... with the 10 about a hundred bucks more.

Any advice on this device?

many thanks!
Don White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2004, 08:28 AM   #11
New Boot

LiveType on the blurry side

FCP 4.5 on a G5 Dual 2 w/1.5 of Ram

When I type a title in LiveType 1.2 that has an effect & a background with in it, render the movie with the background. It looks sharp in LiveType. When I import it, in FCP I notice that the title looks sharp only on the Viewer side, but once put into the Canvas side it looks slightly blurry ot a bit out of focus.

What am I missing here?
Resolution of the timeline affecting this?
Any Help
Steven H. Denn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2004, 09:29 AM   #12
Inner Circle

Pearl Earring

Just saw "Girl With a Pearl Earring " last night. Every single frame was an incredible image! The cinematography was astounding. An absolute must see for lighting AND composition. I recommend looking over a few of Vermeer's paintings in a nice coffee table artbook before you go. Then go see an entire film created of shadows, light and "painterly" composition.

It just goes to show how far DV has to go before it can approach the lattitude and subtleties of film in the hands of a master DP.
Richard Alvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2004, 10:03 AM   #13
Major Player

Rocco's Restaurant - What Cams?

Just curious, the environment is very tight and the cam work looks pretty good. Anybody know what they use? I'd guess PD150's.
Old May 2nd, 2004, 07:55 AM   #14
Tourist

Sony PVM 8044Q 'Green Screen'

Thanks for any help with this problem. I've learned how, from the XL1 watchdog, to calibrate my monitor using SMPTE bars. My XL1s feeds signal properly and shows change when adjusting chroma and phase. However, the overall picture is a light green, the color bars are all a hue of green. This look is uniform and not spot related. My friend suggested 'degaussing', for a purple or green 'burn' due to magnetic interference. Based on the look of the color I don't think this is the case.

Does anyone have any insight on this, is it adjustable by a monitor tech? What's the deal? Thanks for any help.
Old May 2nd, 2004, 11:23 AM   #15
Inner Circle

Filter question

I want to take advantage of the Schneider filter sale before it ends. Has anyone used the White Frost and Black Frost filters before, and would you recommend them?
Marco Leavitt is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion