Misc. Open DV from 2004 - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old August 11th, 2004, 09:41 PM   #46
Regular Crew

DV Warrior attacks Oz

Douglas Spotted Eagle has just finished a VASST tour of Australia. I attended his last session in Melbourne and I just have to say what a great guy hi is.

Despite the wearing effects of all that travel he was as bright and friendly as anyone could be. He had lots of great hints on how to use Sony software and even showed me a few extra things I didn't know about Sound Forge.

Apart from being a great ambassodor for Sony AV software he is also a great ambassodor for America. Thanks for visiting Spot, and by the way I hope Qantas wer'nt too hard on your luggage allowance on the way home.

Jim
Jim Nicholls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2004, 03:33 PM   #47
Major Player

shooting off ultrascan monitors - no rising lines?

Hi folks,

I need to shoot TV with my JVC GR-PD1 in 25p mode - and thought this impossible unless I was using an LCD Monitor. I have been glancing at crappy but ideal LCD monitors in shop windows just for this aspect of the project recently.

Today I inadvertedly caught TV on my computer's ultrascan monitor - no flicker or line rise?

I've tested it extensively and it works fine. Great news for me. Anything I'm missing? It works so I guess not...
Old September 7th, 2004, 04:12 PM   #48
Regular Crew

Stock Footage/Stills - classic cars

Looking for vintage footage or stills of classic cars, cruising, drive-ins, and anything related to that era. Can anyone steer me in the right direction? I searched many royalty free video sites, but came up w/ nothing.

B&W would be preferred.
Matt Elias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2004, 09:27 AM   #49
Major Player

Video Testimony

For all of you who have asked about the growing market of videotaping testimonies...here is a good article to look at as far as techniques.

http://www.videosystems.com/mag/video_court_tv/

RB
Old September 23rd, 2004, 04:42 PM   #50
Major Player

Another Video Depo link!

More info...

http://governmentvideo.com/articles/...icle_443.shtml

RB
Old October 10th, 2004, 02:27 PM   #51
Regular Crew

Camplex Pro-X1

Hey guys. I was looking around the net for various DV articles and I came accross a pretty neat site. It is a site that selling an accessory that enables you to convert your regular DV Camera, into a studio camera. The box connects to your DV Camera via the shoe and it gives you a Tally Light, Intercom,and Power for your camera from the includes Camera Control Unit. Basically gives your miniDV Camera the extra things to be used in a studio. Here check it out for yourselves :

http://www.pro-x1.com/
Cory Moorehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2004, 10:02 PM   #52
Skyonic New York

fox sports shoots acls in 720P

it's interesting, after the acls game tonight, the fox promo said "highest quality 720p hd"...

it looked good on a hd ready sony unit...i really thought it was 1080i...could not tell the difference
Robert Mann Z. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2004, 09:30 AM   #53
Old Boot

Matte Box: Bellows<>Sunshade<>Bellows<>Sunshade?

I've had a neat commission that "allows" me to seriously consider the purchase of a matte box for my XM2 . .. and filters . .of course!

I'm lacking some very basic knowledge to get my head around this . . .forgive my ignorance, and I guess I can make a stab at it:

1/- Changing length due to lens length differences. My xm2 can only really uise 2 lens lengths: Normal and the Wide Angle adaptor.

2/- Need further "protection" beyond a fixed sunshade ?

3/- I like the idea of rails as the torque from twisting the pola and the general weight distrib being off the front of the camera makes engineering sense.

I guess there is some fundamental reading and learning I need to determine the value in the difference . .. .

.. . beyond this I'm a bit stumped . . . .

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2004, 10:12 AM   #54
New Boot

Pinnacle v MovieShaker

Will there be any difference in quality of video captured by MovieShaker or Pinnacle
(or from any other software) from MicroMV camcorder.
As the video captured by MovieShaker will be in .mmv format and it will have to be
converted into .mpg format to edit it in any standard editing software.
So will there be a loss in quality while converting .mmv to .mpg
Nitin Goyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2004, 09:26 AM   #55
Tourist

Sony HC65 vs. HC85?

Hello. I have never owned a camcorder, but have a baby due on Monday. Soooo, I figured I better get one.

I want a Sony. I have 2 Sony digital cameras, and a Sony tv that I can plug memory sticks into. So, I want a Sony.

Is there a real difference between the 65 and 85? I know the effective ccd pixels are greater in the 85, but is it a big enough difference for my applications? (filming an infant)

Thanks!
Jason James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2004, 07:29 PM   #56
Regular Crew

Century 4x4 Rotating Polarizer

Does anyone know where I might be able to find one of these special polarizers that rotates inside of a 4x4 frame with the use of a gear at the top?

http://www.centuryoptics.com/product...s/rotating.htm

Every place I try onlilne via the normal route is either back ordered or refuses to sell Century equipment due to problems with the company. I have one order cancelled due to this issue with Century.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - thanx
Todd Siechen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2004, 06:31 PM   #57
Major Player

Question for Marcus van Bavel and others on dvfilm maker

How does dvfilm maker compare to a product such as dynapel's motion perfect? And can Maker handle high definition?

Thanks
Dwight Flynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2004, 10:52 PM   #58
Regular Crew

Century 0.3x Fisheye Lens Users!

Does this lens allow some zoom from full wide if so how much?
I am thinking of buying it for a PDX10 37mm thread.
Steve Tapping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2004, 02:02 PM   #59
Regular Crew

Question for any Miglia AlchemyTV owners

What Miglia AlchemyTV is (for those who don't have one):
http://www.miglia.com/products/video...dvr/index.html

I'm curious about how well this card works. It interests me because (if I understand correctly) the input is not necessarily subjected to the rigors of the DV codec, you can capture uncompressed if your machine is fast enough. Plus it's cheap and I'm not in a position to buy a really pro piece of equipment.

I've read some reviews but they're mostly geared toward casual video-watching and I'm concerned more with detailed performance specifics.

So... anyone have any experiences with it?

-j
Jay Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2004, 05:49 PM   #60
New Boot

Sony's BetacamSX DNW-A75

We just ordered four new Dual 2.5's G5's w/FCP 4.5.

Is anyone using Sony's Betacam SX DNW-A75 with the Io LD with FCP 4.5? if yes are than any issues?
Steven H. Denn is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion