Sony AC Charger problems at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old July 17th, 2004, 03:07 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Sony AC Charger problems

I'm having a problem with the AC Adapter/Charger for my Sony DCR-TRV11 camcorder. Sometimes it decides to charge the battery sometimes it doesn't. I know it isn't a problem with the battery beacuse I just recently bought a new one.

http://www.bryanharley.com/charger.jpg

There's a stock photo of the charger. I highlighted a certain area. When I jiggle the cord in the highlighted area sometimes it starts working again. But now I've gotten to the point where I have to take that cord and actaully push UP on it HARD and HOLD IT THERE to get the connection and for the camera to start charging. It's not getting power through that one area for some reason.

Any ideas on how I could fix this? Or should I just go onto eBay and try to find a replacement charger?
Old July 18th, 2004, 01:19 AM   #2
Major Player

That's the polarized plug going into the power adaptor from the AC source. It may have a loose connection or not be making good contact with the socket. It's a common type of power-cord plug, with one rounded and one squared plastic prong. Most Sony units use them and some other brands do as well. If you've got another one, try it to see if it works better.

If the fault is in the adaptor's socket,
you might find a replacement cheap in the electonic junk bins they have at places like Goodwill stores or used electronics parts houses. There's one electronics store in my town that recycles and sells every imaginable component from the past 40 years, for low prices. I even found a reel-to-reel, 1/2-inch video recorder there for $50., that worked fine.

Steve McDonald
Steve McDonald is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion