Lens Mounts free? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old January 16th, 2003, 05:51 AM   #1
Major Player

Lens Mounts free?

I've seen several lens mount convertors on the market and it makes me wonder if individual lens mounts are a free or all. kind of like "if you can machine it then you can sell it". If not what do the manufaturers of these convertors have to pay these companies like Arri or Nikon to use their mounts?

Or our the companies that make these convertors too small to be detected by the rader or these companies?

Well take the mini35 for instance. You can get a slew of differnet lens mounts for that unit. How can P+S technic do this?

Just out of curiousity. Thanks
Old January 16th, 2003, 07:06 AM   #2
Warden

They are all mechanical adapters (no electronics) so they avoid patient issues there. There may be small licensing fees. Many of the mounts come from companies too small to catch the attention of the manufacture. Some probably pay the fees.

Jeff
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion