Shooting Locations at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old July 16th, 2007, 04:48 PM   #1
Tourist

Shooting Locations

As I work on various projects I often find myself in need of special location shots. For example, for one of my projects I need a shot in a jail cell. Finding accessible locations seems to be a challenge. Is there any forum where ideas are shared about locations that would be available to the independent filmmaker? I live in the northeast, so I'm mainly interested in anything from PA to NY and surrounds. It would be a great resource to have some sort of database of accessible locations. . . on the jail cell issue, for example, I checked with Eastern State penitentiary in Philly, they require $1,000 per day to film there. . . quite a bit out of my budget! But if there were a forum where folks could exchange ideas of film-friendly locations that would help.
Ray Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2007, 09:54 PM   #2
Hawaiian Shirt Mogul

or what is the min you need for the shoot that will make it look like a jail cell ? is it just a person sitting/standing against a blank jail wall ? perhaps one shot thru bars will sell it for all the next shoots ( in that case you need several bars to shoot thru) ... in many places jail cells aren't what they use to be .. so can you subsitute a room somehow ? green screen one of the walls ... or get a still shot of front of jail cell and roto out the bars and comp it with a shot or you actor behind the roto shot ??
Don Donatello is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion