DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-avccam-camcorders/)
-   -   HDC-TM700: Oasis of the Seas Western Caribbean (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-avccam-camcorders/485547-hdc-tm700-oasis-seas-western-caribbean.html)

Dan Carter October 1st, 2010 01:21 PM

HDC-TM700: Oasis of the Seas Western Caribbean

We needed a holiday. So, we spent some time on Royal Caribbean's Oasis of the Seas cruising the Western Caribbean.

Panasonic HDC-TM700
Sony Playsport
Polarizer
Benro C068M8 Tripod

Jerry Porter October 1st, 2010 02:35 PM

Very nicely done!! RC is my favorite cruise line.

Raymond Krystof October 1st, 2010 07:15 PM

Dan,

Truly awesome. Do you work in the video/editing industry? If not, this would be a great resume.

Dan Carter October 3rd, 2010 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Porter (Post 1574769)
Very nicely done!! RC is my favorite cruise line.

Many thanks Jerry. We too are Royal Caribbean fans.

Thank you for watching.

Dan Carter October 3rd, 2010 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raymond Krystof (Post 1574840)
Dan,

Truly awesome. Do you work in the video/editing industry? If not, this would be a great resume.

Thank you for the good words Raymond. Currently, it is just a hobby that I really enjoy.

Thanks for watching.

Chuck Spaulding October 5th, 2010 06:51 PM

Hi Dan,

I'm a big fan, how does the TM700 compare to your 7D?

Sorry for hijacking your thread, but you always seem to be one camera ahead of me...

How do you get 24P or 30P from the TM700? I can't find any mention of it in the manual, it talks about HA/HG/HX/HE; AVCHD "format compliant."

When I use Log and Transfer in FCP it works well but it is interlaced. If you can help me or point me on the right direction I'd appreciate it.

Don Bloom October 5th, 2010 08:36 PM

Well first off, nicely done. Secondly, I'm a big fan of RCL been on Freedom a few times, Adventurer and Nvaigator a couple each and "the other cruise line" a number of times. Another one on Freedom coming up in January. Great ship. Also been to Excaret in '96 and loved it. The underground river was awesome.

Brings back great memories and makes me wish January was here. Oasis or Allure WILL be next.

Anyway once agai nice job.

Dan Carter October 5th, 2010 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck Spaulding (Post 1575921)
Hi Dan,

I'm a big fan, how does the TM700 compare to your 7D?

Sorry for hijacking your thread, but you always seem to be one camera ahead of me...

How do you get 24P or 30P from the TM700? I can't find any mention of it in the manual, it talks about HA/HG/HX/HE; AVCHD "format compliant."

When I use Log and Transfer in FCP it works well but it is interlaced. If you can help me or point me on the right direction I'd appreciate it.

Hello Chuck,

I like the TM700 for traveling light and simple. The TM700 can produce great video and fair photos. It and my Benro tripod weight less than 3lb together. I use the 7D when I have plenty of time and need great video AND great photos.

The TM700 shoots 1080/60p or in HA/HG/HX/HE 1080/60i. Sorry, no 30p or 24p.

Windows 7 has native codecs for AVCHD so I use Windows Live Photo Gallery and Picasa to catalog clips, and Sony Vegas Pro 9 to edit clips natively. Sorry, but I have no experience with Mac.

Good luck.

Dan Carter October 5th, 2010 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Bloom (Post 1575955)
Well first off, nicely done. Secondly, I'm a big fan of RCL been on Freedom a few times, Adventurer and Nvaigator a couple each and "the other cruise line" a number of times. Another one on Freedom coming up in January. Great ship. Also been to Excaret in '96 and loved it. The underground river was awesome.

Brings back great memories and makes me wish January was here. Oasis or Allure WILL be next.

Anyway once agai nice job.

Thanks for the good words Don. Sounds like you know that "Can't wait till the next cruise feeling". Somehow we managed to jump from the Voyager class ships to the Oasis, and by comparison, the Oasis is massive. We're still looking forward to trying the Freedom class.

Thanks for watching and happy cruising.

Sherri Nestico October 10th, 2010 08:17 PM

Hey Dan,

Another great travel video! Royal Caribbean never looked so good!

You got a really good variety of shots. It was a well-rounded piece on the whole cruise experience onboard and in port. I really liked the shots in the caves and at the zoo. And the cupcake decorating. And the parasailing.

I'm going to be on the new Carnival Dream at the end of the month. I can't wait - I love cruises!
I'm going to be taking my HMC-40 on my cruise, but I probably won't dare get it close to any water...:)

Dan Carter October 11th, 2010 09:39 AM

Greetings Sherri,

Thank you for the encouraging words. Like you, I can't think of any better place to spend vacation than a cruise ship. I hope your upcoming trip is the best ever.

No worries, the parasail and underground river shots were done with a $119, Kodak Playsport underwater camera.