HDC-TM700: Oasis of the Seas Western Caribbean at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
AVCHD for pro applications: AG-AC160, AC130 and other AVCCAM gear.

Old October 1st, 2010, 01:21 PM   #1
Major Player

HDC-TM700: Oasis of the Seas Western Caribbean

We needed a holiday. So, we spent some time on Royal Caribbean's Oasis of the Seas cruising the Western Caribbean.

Panasonic HDC-TM700
Sony Playsport
Polarizer
Benro C068M8 Tripod

Dan Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2010, 02:35 PM   #2
Major Player

Very nicely done!! RC is my favorite cruise line.
Jerry Porter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2010, 07:15 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Dan,

Truly awesome. Do you work in the video/editing industry? If not, this would be a great resume.
Old October 3rd, 2010, 11:28 AM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Porter View Post
Very nicely done!! RC is my favorite cruise line.
Many thanks Jerry. We too are Royal Caribbean fans.

Thank you for watching.
Old October 3rd, 2010, 11:30 AM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond Krystof View Post
Dan,

Truly awesome. Do you work in the video/editing industry? If not, this would be a great resume.
Thank you for the good words Raymond. Currently, it is just a hobby that I really enjoy.

Thanks for watching.
Old October 5th, 2010, 06:51 PM   #6
Trustee

Hi Dan,

I'm a big fan, how does the TM700 compare to your 7D?

Sorry for hijacking your thread, but you always seem to be one camera ahead of me...

How do you get 24P or 30P from the TM700? I can't find any mention of it in the manual, it talks about HA/HG/HX/HE; AVCHD "format compliant."

When I use Log and Transfer in FCP it works well but it is interlaced. If you can help me or point me on the right direction I'd appreciate it.
Chuck Spaulding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2010, 08:36 PM   #7
Inner Circle

Well first off, nicely done. Secondly, I'm a big fan of RCL been on Freedom a few times, Adventurer and Nvaigator a couple each and "the other cruise line" a number of times. Another one on Freedom coming up in January. Great ship. Also been to Excaret in '96 and loved it. The underground river was awesome.

Brings back great memories and makes me wish January was here. Oasis or Allure WILL be next.

Anyway once agai nice job.
Old October 5th, 2010, 09:38 PM   #8
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Spaulding View Post
Hi Dan,

I'm a big fan, how does the TM700 compare to your 7D?

Sorry for hijacking your thread, but you always seem to be one camera ahead of me...

How do you get 24P or 30P from the TM700? I can't find any mention of it in the manual, it talks about HA/HG/HX/HE; AVCHD "format compliant."

When I use Log and Transfer in FCP it works well but it is interlaced. If you can help me or point me on the right direction I'd appreciate it.
Hello Chuck,

I like the TM700 for traveling light and simple. The TM700 can produce great video and fair photos. It and my Benro tripod weight less than 3lb together. I use the 7D when I have plenty of time and need great video AND great photos.

The TM700 shoots 1080/60p or in HA/HG/HX/HE 1080/60i. Sorry, no 30p or 24p.

Windows 7 has native codecs for AVCHD so I use Windows Live Photo Gallery and Picasa to catalog clips, and Sony Vegas Pro 9 to edit clips natively. Sorry, but I have no experience with Mac.

Good luck.
Old October 5th, 2010, 09:46 PM   #9
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Bloom View Post
Well first off, nicely done. Secondly, I'm a big fan of RCL been on Freedom a few times, Adventurer and Nvaigator a couple each and "the other cruise line" a number of times. Another one on Freedom coming up in January. Great ship. Also been to Excaret in '96 and loved it. The underground river was awesome.

Brings back great memories and makes me wish January was here. Oasis or Allure WILL be next.

Anyway once agai nice job.
Thanks for the good words Don. Sounds like you know that "Can't wait till the next cruise feeling". Somehow we managed to jump from the Voyager class ships to the Oasis, and by comparison, the Oasis is massive. We're still looking forward to trying the Freedom class.

Thanks for watching and happy cruising.
Old October 10th, 2010, 08:17 PM   #10
Regular Crew

Hey Dan,

Another great travel video! Royal Caribbean never looked so good!

You got a really good variety of shots. It was a well-rounded piece on the whole cruise experience onboard and in port. I really liked the shots in the caves and at the zoo. And the cupcake decorating. And the parasailing.

I'm going to be on the new Carnival Dream at the end of the month. I can't wait - I love cruises!
I'm going to be taking my HMC-40 on my cruise, but I probably won't dare get it close to any water...:)
Old October 11th, 2010, 09:39 AM   #11
Major Player

Greetings Sherri,

Thank you for the encouraging words. Like you, I can't think of any better place to spend vacation than a cruise ship. I hope your upcoming trip is the best ever.

No worries, the parasail and underground river shots were done with a $119, Kodak Playsport underwater camera.
Dan Carter is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders