AG-AC130 OR Sony NEX-EA50 ?? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
AVCHD for pro applications: AG-AC160, AC130 and other AVCCAM gear.

Old December 29th, 2013, 12:00 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Re: AG-AC130 OR Sony NEX-EA50 ??

I think soner of later you have to make your mind up when picking out a new camera !

What model Sony did you get Chris ?
Scott Comeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2013, 04:50 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Thank You for your nice reply.

I hope you also have great luck with your video camera.

Scott
Scott Comeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2013, 06:52 PM   #18
Inner Circle

Hi Scott

In January 2012 I decided to replace my Panasonic HMC80's with the Panasonic AC-130 but after a nightmare 3 months of issues I sold them in early April and went back to Panasonic HMC80's again which I kept under December 2012.

I technically "jumped ship" in January this year and moved from Panasonic to Sony after being a dedicated Panny fan for over 20 years and bought two of Sony's EA-50's

Remember I really do love shoulder mount cameras for the kind of work I do (Weddings and Real Estate) so the built-in shoulder mount on the EA-50 was a big factor in deciding plus the fact that I can use all my Nikon still lenses on the Sony too.

So far I have really been over the moon with both EA-50's and they are perfect for my business and my shooting style.

Just for interest I made up shoulder-mount rigs for my AC-130's and also loupes so I could use the LCD as a viewfinder rather than rely on the tiny EVF at the back ... If you need to use your 130 on your shoulder just yell and I'll send you the information and pics

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders