Recommendation of Allan Rejoso at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old September 2nd, 2003, 10:47 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Recommendation of Allan Rejoso

A few months ago I started looking for the best Mini DV cam I could find. One that would fall within the budget I had set. (Or should I say the budget my wallet set for me) :-)) After browsing many different manufacture’s sites and page after page of mini DV camcorder reviews, I ran across a link to this message board. I had grown tired of all the useless chatter on most of the message boards I had previously visited. This was not the case here, I found a wealth of information and one of the greatest and most professional communities I had ever visited. After sitting in the shadows for a while and reading the posts, I decided to post a few questions of my own. Without poking fun at my newbie questions that I know must have looked quite simple. Frank Granovski and others answered them and pointed me in the right direction. Thank you all! (I special thank you to Frank! Your help in all this has been invaluable.)
I finally decided on the GS100K-k. Now all I had to do is find a place to purchase it. Getting ripped off was my biggest concern. I went to Frank again for advice, he recommended three people. One of them being Allan Rejoso. At first, I was a little leery, but after a few e-mails to and from him, any concerns I had were put to rest. Allan is a man of integrity and very trustworthy! If he says he will do something for you, he will get it done! His advice is very professional; he really knows what he is talking about. No question goes unanswered. He kept me informed every step of the way during my purchase and still answers any question I have about my new camera.
The services and extras Allan offers are second to none. You won't be getting them anywhere else. If you are looking to purchase a GS100K or other video cam from Japan, Do yourself a favor and get in touch with Allen. You will not be sorry!
Paul Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2003, 02:43 AM   #2
Outer Circle

Thanks for the kind words! (Somebody actually likes me.) Now back to more serious discussions:

1) What tape brand?
2) Industry rumours. :)
3) Post 'er pics!
5) And my favourite, cheeks (faces).
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2003, 09:30 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Frank, you skipped 4). Is it secret? :)
Aylwin Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2003, 09:34 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Re: Recommendation of Allan Rejoso

Just want to add my two cents here. I didn't buy from Allan, but I might well have done so had I known about him earlier on. I, too, have been very impressed with his integrity and extremely helpful support...even of somebody who bought their cam from Price Japan. I might add that Price Japan was great to work with...they did everythng with alacrity and integrity.
Peter Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2003, 10:10 AM   #5
Major Player

I would also add, in addition to peter's, my experience with PriceJapan is extremely good. I received cam with in 2(two) days.
They replied all the mails in fact instantly and with details. I did instant email exchanges on that day.

I ordered one item from B&H(one of very big online stores in US), I received after 8(eight) days.

When I bought from PJ, I never knew Allan also does get cam for us. I do appreciate Allan's helpful review of various cams and his detailed answers. Of course our friend Frank, throwing new ideas and experiences all the time, whenever I add some posts. :-)
Samuel Raj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2003, 10:27 AM   #6
Regular Crew

I have been ordering various things from kakaku.com which is basically price japan untranslated....36inch TV, Aircon, you name it...all is C.O.D using a local courier....never had a problem....but if you do usually the makers can ask you to go through your retailer for warranty claims....difficult when you barley know where it came from...
Lincoln Norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2003, 01:07 PM   #7
Outer Circle

You're right, I missed #4. That'll teach me to post in the wee hours of the morning!
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2003, 08:36 PM   #8
Major Player

"I might add that Price Japan was great to work with...they did everythng with alacrity and integrity."

You're right about that, and that's why I posted all the info. about purchasing the MX5000 via pricejapan.com at Yahoo! Groups MX5000, SimplyDV.com, DV.com, etc... (I was THE first guy who bought the MX5000 from them). That was my way of saying thank you for the great service.
Young Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2003, 12:55 PM   #9
Regular Crew

I bought mine from Price Japan.
They were having some trouble with emails (I guess it was the sobig virus days), The wide angle lens that I ordered along with the cam was shipped late by about 10 days, and I am yet to receive it. But for that, I would say they were good. What built up my comfort level with them was the responses to emails.

However, one thing that came as a surprise was a few days ago I received a 'customs clearance' bill for about $16 from DHL that shipped the item.

Just wondering if this is normal practice? Did others who ordered from PJ receive one too?

thanks.

Samuel, I've ordered the CGA-DU21 battery from easy258 on ebay. ($ 58.xx including shipping) Waiting for it come thro'. It will take 5 to 12 days he says.
Amit Sawarkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2003, 01:35 PM   #10
Major Player

Amit,
I too received a bill of Total $19 from custom clearance. I think its normal for every one. I clarified with DHL.

Thats good(cga-du21). I got it with in 4 or 5 days, even though he said 7 to 12 days.
Samuel Raj is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant