DV53 Video/Audio out cable is MONO only! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old September 2nd, 2003, 08:11 AM   #1
Major Player

DV53 Video/Audio out cable is MONO only!

I just got the DV53 and the vid/audio output cable only has a one audio channel! It's one of those combined vid/aud cables that plugs into a mini-RCA plug on the cam and splits out into RCAs. Is there anyway to purchase a cable with two audio channels?
Yang Wen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2003, 12:05 PM   #2
Inner Circle

ur analogue out should look like a small earhone socket with 3 black lines encircling the plug.

from that you should see a yellow plug (video) a red plug (right audio) and a white plug (left audio)

these come standard with pana cams.

If you dont have this, call the shop u bought the cam from
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2003, 07:57 PM   #3
Major Player

Not the DV53. Even in the manual the accessories page clearly shows it only comes with the AV cable that has only one yellow and one white. This is stupid though because how much money could they be saving by providing an inferior cable. I assume this cam records in stereo.
Old September 3rd, 2003, 07:11 PM   #4
Wrangler

The DV53 is a mono cam.
Tommy Haupfear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2003, 10:02 PM   #5
Major Player

Wha!?
Old September 3rd, 2003, 10:47 PM   #6
Wrangler

Read up on Panasonic's website

http://catalog2.panasonic.com/webapp...fModel=PV-DV53
Tommy Haupfear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2003, 08:06 AM   #7
Major Player

This is so frekain' stupid. Why would anyone make a cam with 16-bit 44khz MONO audio recording nowadays!?!? It's funny though because ontop of the cam, there are two separate mic screens, which suggest a stereo mic. Could it possible that it means the cable that comes with it only has mono out?? I really don't care about recording audio with it but I plan on using this cam as a playback deck for my DVX tapes, I NEED Stereo!

I just checked B&H and here's their description of the audio features of this cam

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=NavBar&A=getItemDetail&Q=&sku=276525&is=REG&si=feat#goto_itemInfo

It's the same way on many other sites also. So either Panasonic misimformed all of them or it really does have stereo.
Old September 4th, 2003, 01:09 PM   #8
Regular Crew

talking about being 'misinformed'.

when I was looking around for a cam, all the web retailers had the wrong dimensions of DV953 (L x W x H) posted on their site as compared to the pana website.

I finally went in for gs100K which is the new version of 953, - especially after coming across this board.
Amit Sawarkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2003, 08:03 AM   #9
Major Player

Yeah but dimesions is not really that critical since you already expect the cam to be of certain size. But Mono Audio!?! Why the hell Panasonic make a 16-bit capable cam but limited to MONO? How much money could they spend!?! Anyways.. I exchanged it for a JVC GR-D30. A cheap cam but seems to be alright as a player deck.
Yang Wen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant