GS400 vs DVC30 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old August 25th, 2004, 07:05 PM   #16
Major Player

Allan-well , could you share what the sony was like ? I know it's not the right forum but that's the first account I've heard of footage for this camera. thanks
Kurth Bousman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2004, 06:30 AM   #17
Trustee

<<<-- Originally posted by Allan Rejoso :
Hi Carlos. Have you bought your new cam? The comparison is made with the PC350 because it has cinelike mode (24P take note!) whilst the HC1000 does NOT have it. The comparisons are stored in a DVD that came with a Japanese video mag. -->>>

No, I haven't bought my camera yet. This new releases fortunately increase my options.

Apparently the PC350 is not a real 24p camera, and what is does is quite well explained here:

http://www.camcorderinfo.com/content/Sony-Announces-DCR-PC350-with-24-Frames-Progressive-Scan-Effect-for-under-$1300.htm

Unfortunately it's a 1-CCD camera, so it doesn't serve my purposes.

Again it might have been interesting Sony pushing their HC1000 model, but that seems not to be their interest.

Carlos
Carlos E. Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2004, 10:17 AM   #18
Trustee

About anamorphic lens:
You should check that those anamorphic lenses limit you the original zoom range of cams and it would make it little darker, so you have to consider that is acceptable to you.

About HC1000:
After owning PDX10, DVC30, GS400 and checking out XL2, for my style of shooting video and what I shoot (extreme sports), I would not use frame mode or progressive mode (24p or 30p) because I can't capture all of the motions I want to express. So, if I didn't need to use frame mode or progressive mode, HC1000 might be interesting choice. HC1000 has switchable zoom/focus ring, 4 channel recording with single 4ch microphone (I would never say 5.1 souround capable like Sony expresses on their web site, because if it is not discrete 5.1 channel, they should never say 5.1 souround capable) and high-res 16:9.
Kaku Ito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2004, 11:56 AM   #19
Trustee

<<<-- Originally posted by Kaku Ito : HC1000 has switchable zoom/focus ring, 4 channel recording with single 4ch microphone (I would never say 5.1 souround capable like Sony expresses on their web site, because if it is not discrete 5.1 channel, they should never say 5.1 souround capable) and high-res 16:9. -->>>

Please do not think you can make a good 4-ch recording using a budget quality mic. Do concentrate on making a high quality pick-up using a stereo mic and process the signal in editing for the 5:1 effect.

Multiple channel recordings should be made in non-mobile positions, with separate preamps for each mic and good monitoring to balance it all. If you lack any of these, your recording will go wrong.

Carlos
Carlos E. Martinez is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant