DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dv-mx-gs-series-assistant/)
-   -   Video quality question for Panasonic GS 200 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dv-mx-gs-series-assistant/31058-video-quality-question-panasonic-gs-200-a.html)

Eric Chi August 27th, 2004 03:04 AM

Video quality question for Panasonic GS 200

Just played my first test recording of my GS 200 on TV by connecting the GS200 directly to my TV (Sony) with the audio/video 3 plug cable.

When the video play, I noticed that in many area, there seems to be something like "streams" in the TV screen (Kind like there is a air-film in front of the scene or like in a desert sometime you see hot air going up.) This will be very obvious if I get close to the TV. Is this normal?

Eric.

Tommy Haupfear August 27th, 2004 06:58 AM

You're playing back past footage and not running the camera live, correct?

This does not sound normal at all. How long have you had your GS200?

Eric Chi August 27th, 2004 12:16 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by Tommy Haupfear : You're playing back past footage and not running the camera live, correct?

Yes.

This does not sound normal at all. How long have you had your GS200? -->>>

Just bought new and received it Wednesday.

Eric.

Eric Chi August 27th, 2004 05:38 PM

I want to update more info.

The video actually looks very sharp looking at the LCD on teh cam. Don't why it looks not so good in the TV.

Eric.

<<<-- Originally posted by Eric Chi : <<<-- Originally posted by Tommy Haupfear : You're playing back past footage and not running the camera live, correct?

Yes.

This does not sound normal at all. How long have you had your GS200? -->>>

Just bought new and received it Wednesday.

Eric. -->>>

Allan Rejoso August 27th, 2004 06:41 PM

Have you tried connecting the cam through S-video port?

Are both the S-video cable and the AV composite cable (3-plug cable - yellow one) connected at the same time? If yes, please disconnect one.

I am sure you have checked that the AV cable is FULLY inserted into the cam. That plug is VERY tight.

Good luck!

Eric Chi August 28th, 2004 11:53 AM

Issue resolved

Allen,

Thanks for the help. I kind resolved this issue now.

Yesterday, while watching the Olympic in channel 11, I noticed that the same symtoms exist in all the TV's, including the games, and even the news broadcasting. It seems to be a general issue for TV. The stream thing I posted is like a marching ants in the screen. I found if I get closer, it's all over the TV. So not really an issue. But rather it's because I'm not familiar with video. I almost only do still photography in the past 10 years. And the TV is certainly a very low resolution device (only look good after certain distance.)

Thank for all your helps from Tommy and Allen.

Eric.

<<<-- Originally posted by Allan Rejoso : Have you tried connecting the cam through S-video port?

Are both the S-video cable and the AV composite cable (3-plug cable - yellow one) connected at the same time? If yes, please disconnect one.

I am sure you have checked that the AV cable is FULLY inserted into the cam. That plug is VERY tight.

Good luck! -->>>

Eric Chi August 28th, 2004 11:56 AM

It's beautiful!

Need to add one more sentence:

I really love the color from the GS200. It's so beautiful and imaging stabilizer is much better than other cam I hand tested (sub $1000's which is where my limit for now.)

Eric.