Video quality question for Panasonic GS 200 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old August 27th, 2004, 03:04 AM   #1
New Boot

Video quality question for Panasonic GS 200

Just played my first test recording of my GS 200 on TV by connecting the GS200 directly to my TV (Sony) with the audio/video 3 plug cable.

When the video play, I noticed that in many area, there seems to be something like "streams" in the TV screen (Kind like there is a air-film in front of the scene or like in a desert sometime you see hot air going up.) This will be very obvious if I get close to the TV. Is this normal?

Eric.
Eric Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2004, 06:58 AM   #2
Wrangler

You're playing back past footage and not running the camera live, correct?

This does not sound normal at all. How long have you had your GS200?
Tommy Haupfear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2004, 12:16 PM   #3
New Boot

<<<-- Originally posted by Tommy Haupfear : You're playing back past footage and not running the camera live, correct?

Yes.

This does not sound normal at all. How long have you had your GS200? -->>>

Just bought new and received it Wednesday.

Eric.
Old August 27th, 2004, 05:38 PM   #4
New Boot

I want to update more info.

The video actually looks very sharp looking at the LCD on teh cam. Don't why it looks not so good in the TV.

Eric.

<<<-- Originally posted by Eric Chi : <<<-- Originally posted by Tommy Haupfear : You're playing back past footage and not running the camera live, correct?

Yes.

This does not sound normal at all. How long have you had your GS200? -->>>

Just bought new and received it Wednesday.

Eric. -->>>
Old August 27th, 2004, 06:41 PM   #5
Major Player

Have you tried connecting the cam through S-video port?

Are both the S-video cable and the AV composite cable (3-plug cable - yellow one) connected at the same time? If yes, please disconnect one.

I am sure you have checked that the AV cable is FULLY inserted into the cam. That plug is VERY tight.

Good luck!
Allan Rejoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2004, 11:53 AM   #6
New Boot

Issue resolved

Allen,

Thanks for the help. I kind resolved this issue now.

Yesterday, while watching the Olympic in channel 11, I noticed that the same symtoms exist in all the TV's, including the games, and even the news broadcasting. It seems to be a general issue for TV. The stream thing I posted is like a marching ants in the screen. I found if I get closer, it's all over the TV. So not really an issue. But rather it's because I'm not familiar with video. I almost only do still photography in the past 10 years. And the TV is certainly a very low resolution device (only look good after certain distance.)

Thank for all your helps from Tommy and Allen.

Eric.

<<<-- Originally posted by Allan Rejoso : Have you tried connecting the cam through S-video port?

Are both the S-video cable and the AV composite cable (3-plug cable - yellow one) connected at the same time? If yes, please disconnect one.

I am sure you have checked that the AV cable is FULLY inserted into the cam. That plug is VERY tight.

Good luck! -->>>
Old August 28th, 2004, 11:56 AM   #7
New Boot

It's beautiful!

Need to add one more sentence:

I really love the color from the GS200. It's so beautiful and imaging stabilizer is much better than other cam I hand tested (sub $1000's which is where my limit for now.)

Eric.
Eric Chi is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant