How much for my NV-GS100 setup? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old October 29th, 2005, 08:46 PM   #1
Regular Crew

How much for my NV-GS100 setup?

Hello
I am thinking about selling my NV-GS100 and getting a more pro model Panasonic better for low light. I'd appreciate suggestions on how much I can get for NV-GS100 equipment.

- NV-GS100
- 9 hour battery model number VW-VBD7
- External zoom microphone Panasonic model number VMH3
- 3 1400 maH batteries (2 are new never used)
- rain jacket
- ND filter and skylight filter

I used this camera for only 6 months. It was just professionally cleaned by Panasonic Japan, has not been used since and is in very good condition.
Thanks very much for your advice.

Regards
Ray
Ray Ambrosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2005, 09:36 PM   #2
Trustee

Hi Ray,

I don't know. Maybe you can let market decide i.e. auction on ebay etc.

I only know that brand new car price instantly off around 25% once sold out of the shop and Steinway piano follows same pattern.

Regards
Leigh
Leigh Wanstead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2005, 10:18 AM   #3
Major Player

I agree with Leigh. Check on eBay what the GS200/250 are selling for used. The GS100 would be somewhere around there. I suspect around $600US. Considering it is a Japanese model with Japanese menus and no warranty could depress its value in the US/Canada. Also, I would sell the VW-VMH3 separately. It is in demand because Panasonic has apparently stopped making them. You should be able to get between $150-200US for it if it is in very good to excellent condition.
Guy Bruner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2005, 08:35 PM   #4
Wrangler

Such a great cam but like Guy mentions you'll want to split the package up to get the most money out of it. I sold my GS100 a year and a half ago and I think I got around $700 on eBay. It was a hard sale since it was never sold in N.A.

Maybe post in the classifieds here with some good pics/description and see what kind of bites you get.

Did Pana Japan ever fix that troublesome firewire port?

You don't need a DLP projector do you? :)
Tommy Haupfear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2005, 03:21 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Thanks for the advice

Hello everyone,

Thanks for the advice. I am thinking about selling it and saving the money for the 'latest greatest model' because right now, i'm not using it much at all. I used it to shoot a no-budget documentary in China (details at http://www.meihuazhuang.ca/documentary.htm) for a non-profit organization and for my PhD research.

MORE QUESTIONS:
The camera is very good, but its low light capability was not very impressive. Would the NV-GS400 provide much better performance in low light and overall? Also the NV-GS400 is not sealed at all against dust and the areas I shot in were very dusty. Perhaps the AG-DVC30 would be a much better camera? Would the AG-DVC30 outperformn my NV-GS100 in most respects or would I not really be able to tell the difference?
Will high definition take over the market soon? Should I consider getting out of DV tape units all together?

Several months ago I wrote to this list about the broken firewire port. I sent the camera to my girlfriend in Japan and she took it to Panasonic for repair under warranty. They fixed it and of course thoroughly cleaned the camera. (I was hoping for a complete replacement!). I suspect that the port didn't work from day 1.

The external microphone is in like-new condition.
I will decide soon and post the camera in the classified section on this site. And perhaps on Ebay.

Thanks for the advice and help
Regards
Ray
Old November 2nd, 2005, 05:25 AM   #6
Regular Crew

I'd be interested in the external mic if it's compatible with a GS400. Sadly I don't seem to be able to find out anything about external mic compatibility for GS400!
Old November 2nd, 2005, 03:47 PM   #7
Major Player

The DVC30 is a proline cam with additional manual controls over picture parameters. The video will not be significantly better than the GS100 except in low light. But, it is about twice as heavy. AFAIK, it is not sealed any better than the GS100. Sure, high def and solid state are going to take over. But, who knows when?

Ray,
The VW-VMH3 is compatible with the intelligent hot shoe on the GS100, 150, 250, and 400. But, practically any external microphone can be used with the GS400 with the right adapter for the mic jack. You don't have to limit yourself to hot shoe compatible mics...of which the VW-VMH3 is the only one.
Guy Bruner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2005, 11:44 AM   #8
Regular Crew

Thanks for the answers about the DCV30. I would seriously considering it if it had some better dust seals than GS100. When I filmed my documentary, the conditions were horribly dusty and played havoc with all my equipment. My friends Sony 3ccd pro model didn't have any problems. I need something more heavy-duty and sealed.

Guy, thanks for the info on the compatibility of the VW-VMH3. I just read a review of that mic here on this site. After reading the favorable report, I'm glad I bought it and used it exclusively throughout my filming.
Old November 6th, 2005, 11:31 PM   #9
Regular Crew

i would be interested in the camera if i didnt just get scammed out of a sony... i would put that on ebay, they seem to be going for alot
Alecks Purifoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2007, 01:44 PM   #10
Tourist

Still for Sale?

hey is your gs100 still for sale? i am willing to purchase it
Benjamin Wesely is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant