Looking for a camera, either Panasonic NV-GS500 or something similar at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old August 22nd, 2007, 12:49 PM   #1
Tourist

Looking for a camera, either Panasonic NV-GS500 or something similar

The plan is to use it at home for fun but also to make smaller films, interviews and the like, for a tv-station in the US. Any such material will probably be sent as FTP and most likely not the Mini-DV tapes. There is also the problem with the different systems in Europe and America.

Someone we know who does filming jobs for tv-stations in Europe adivced us to get the Panasonic NV-GS500, which she has used a lot recently with great results. I bet it's not just the camera as she's been doing this for over 20 years...

Anyway, I've looked at the Panasonic NV-GS230 and can't really see what the huge difference would be for a happy amateur like me. I live in Sweden and cameras here are fairly expensive. The Panasonic NV-Gs500 is about €900 - €1000 here, the NV-GS230 is around half of that.

Any advice on these two camers, or anything that could work as a substitute for them, as well as any tips on where to buy them online is much appreciated.
Soma Toll is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant