pv-gs400 no longer at B&H ? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old January 24th, 2006, 08:57 AM   #1
Major Player

pv-gs400 no longer at B&H ?

I was just looking around at B&H and cannot find the PV-GS400 available any more. They only have the NV-GS400(PAL) version. Whats up with that?
Steve Witt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2006, 09:43 AM   #2
New Boot

The GS500..

http://panasonic.co.jp/pavc/global/v...rope/nv-gs500/
Jens East is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2006, 06:24 PM   #3
New Boot

I got one 2 weeks ago

I think it was the last one, I happy so far ... NOTE: read the other post here about the GS500 being a downgrade ... I don't know for sure.
Jesse Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2006, 01:33 AM   #4
Regular Crew

GS500 specs

Take a look at the specs here... http://panasonic.jp/dvc/gs500-gs300/spec.html

Looks like a rounder version of the GS400. But seems the GS500 is smaller in overall body size again?!
From what I can see so far, useful improvements in my opinion are the widescreen LCD panel and the photo flash light.

Wow... just read a lot of features were removed: headphone jack, A/V conversion/pass-through, frame mode, the big 3.5” LCD, picture adjust, zebra bars, program automatic exposure modes, now only a focus ring instead of the GS400 multi-function ring, most buttons under the LCD removed/moved to menus. ...overall sounds terrible!
Andreas Winkler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2006, 04:57 PM   #5
Major Player

Andreas, you're right.....not very good. The GS400 does have a pop up photo flash. I just don't understand compromising all the great features like that. Maybe they are coming up with a comsumer HD to compete with the sony which would have all those same features that the GS400 had. Just a guess.
Steve Witt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2006, 12:20 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Witt
The GS400 does have a pop up photo flash.
Oh damn, I should take a closer look at my GS400 more often! Of course it has a photo flash! ;) Guess it's because I didn't use the flash and photo function for quite some time, since I have a still cam.

Yes, Steve, I guess the same: it's time for some HD from Panasonic! I just hope they don't do the same compromise like Sony, high resolution on low data rate. But I'm sure they will not leave this price region empty for a long time.
Andreas Winkler is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant