Bought the last GS250 on the planet, it seems... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old February 6th, 2006, 09:41 PM   #1
New Boot

Bought the last GS250 on the planet, it seems...

So after an exhausting search of every reputable online retailer I could think of, as well as about 20 local dealers, I had almost given up on my quest to buy a GS250. Nobody had any stock, and if they did, they wanted $1000 or more for them. I can't afford the GS400, and I really didn't want a 300 or 500, especially after reading about the features they left out, especially since the DV pass-thru / AV-in was really important to me, as well as the earphone jack.

I was about to break down and buy the Optura 60, low-light performance be damned, when today I found the last GS250 on the planet. In a Best Buy, of all places! I had gone in to see a friend of mine, who is one of the sales managers, and I spied an open-box Panasonic camera chilling near the DVD cams. Could it be? Does this fabled 3-chip camera exist in the real world?

Yes, yes it does. Best Buy didn't even have it in their computer system any more, and they had it marked at $999.00 new, $899 open box. *gasp* I dug through the box, and after finding that it had all of the original accessories and literature, I mentioned that Circuit City was selling it for $699 after rebate. (Even though CC is sold out, both statewide and online)

They bit, and gave it to me for $650, open box. The camera had obviously never been used, as all the stickers were still on it and the battery was still in it's plastic. It had everything with it, and it works perfectly!!

I am sooooo excited!!! I sold my Sony TRV-33 about 6 weeks ago so I could buy a new camera, and I have been chomping at the bit to get some new sportbike footage and other urban nonsense. YEEEEEEES!

Thanks to everyone for their advice and support, I have been lurking for what seems like forever, and this forum is an AWESOME resource! Who knows what I would have bought if I hadn't stumbled across DVInfo & Pana3CCD.....

And no, it's not an alias.....even though I'm sure it sounds that way.
Adam Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2006, 01:57 AM   #2
Trustee

Congratulations, Adam

Now shoot some footage. ;-)

Regards
Leigh
Leigh Wanstead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2006, 02:30 PM   #3
New Boot

You'll have a great time with the 250. Have fun!
Long Nguyen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant