Issue with capture from DVX100 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old February 6th, 2008, 10:21 AM   #1
New Boot

Issue with capture from DVX100

I recently purchased a used DVX100. I'm somewhat new to this camera as I've only used a DVX a few other times. The camera seems to be in good shape and has 750 hours on it. I can't, however, seem to get the camera to export to my computer through Final Cut Express. I've tried both 4-pin to 6-pin and 4-pin to 9-pin firewire cables with no luck. The previous owner said that he never had a problem and that it should work. Does anybody have any ideas? I know both firewire ports on my computer work as I've used them before (never for video)
Thanks
Alex
Alexander Gerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2008, 03:58 PM   #2
Major Player

Could be the firewire port on your camera is blown. Or your cables are bad. do you have another camera to try and import footage?
Matt Stahley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2008, 06:06 PM   #3
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Stahley View Post
Could be the firewire port on your camera is blown. Or your cables are bad. do you have another camera to try and import footage?
Matt, thanks for the response. I've tried three different cables, two 4 to 6 pin and one 4 to 9 pin, so I don't think it's that. Hoping it's not the camera. The previous owner did tell me that he never had any issues (not sure if I believe him now though!). I'm going to try taking both batteries out the the camera to do a hard reset to see if that works.
Alexander Gerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2008, 05:20 PM   #4
Regular Crew

It might be the firewire port on the computer. My motherboard ports would not recognise the camera, although they worked with other devices, even other DV cameras. I had to fit a PCI card with firewire ports. Try connecting it to another computer, e.g. a laptop.
Patrick
Patrick Bower is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant