Clueless about 35mm lens adapter for DVX-100b at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old February 10th, 2008, 10:42 PM   #1
Tourist

Clueless about 35mm lens adapter for DVX-100b

I am shooting a feature documentary in West Africa in 6 weeks (self-funded with the help of frequent flyer miles). I recently stumbled upon sample clips from the DVX-100b and a Letus 35mm lens adapter. I’m in love!

The problem is that I have no idea what lens mounts I need, what additional lenses I should buy as well (ND filters?). Can someone in this forum point me to an internet site where all this info is laid out in simple text (like a “35mm Lens Mount for Dummies” kinda thing)? Or if you have a DVX-100b and could tell me which lens mount is preferred and any other lenses that I might find useful (or essential), I’m all ears. I will be doing a lot of hand-held work over there, so I presume that the Letus Mini is the way to go (?).

Additionally, can anyone share their experience shooting observational, verité footage (meaning no tripod, running-and-gunning type of shooting) with the 35mm lens adapter? I know with the shallow depth of field, focus is going to be a real concern. In the least, I’d like to do a large portion of the film with this adapter and perhaps shoot the verité stuff without it…but then I’m wondering if juxtaposing that footage is going to be jarring to the viewer.

Any input would be greatly, greatly appreciated! I am a fish out of water here, so thank you in advance Wise Lens Adapter Users!

Regards,
Leigh
Leigh Iacobucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2008, 05:34 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Don't take particular notice of my comments as I am not an industry professional.

Six weeks, especially if you have a non-media or film day-job, is not much time to buy in an adaptor cold, get it tuned, select and buy appropriate lenses and most importently, train yourself to be intuitive with the device and know what you want image-wise.

If you are going to try to be a one-man film crew you could be quite distressed at the end of all this.

In "special interest areas" in "alternative imaging methods", look up Phil Bloom's posts and visit his website.

He has been making a living out of early Letus35, Brevis35 and more recently, Letus Extreme so if anyone is qualified to be taken notice of, he is and has also travelled and documented in foreign lands.
Bob Hart is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant