DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dvx-dvc-assistant/)
-   -   Animal Planet DVX100 Appearance (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dvx-dvc-assistant/18404-animal-planet-dvx100-appearance.html)

Ken Tanaka December 16th, 2003 01:28 AM

Animal Planet DVX100 Appearance

I've been watching a short series called King of the Jungle. It's basically Animal Planet's version of Survivor, in which 12 contestants compete for the opportunity to host a wildlife special show. They have been using the DVX100 as the camera that the contestants occassionally use to shoot with. (The main cameras are big honkin' shoulder bricks, likely Varicam HD.)

Well, it's nice to see something other than a Sony PD150 or VX2000 for such a role.

Chris Hurd December 16th, 2003 07:55 AM

Heh, nice spotting there Ken, but I'm afraid I beat you to the punch back on Oct. 13th when KotJ first aired. I wonder if the contestants got to keep their 100's? Probably not, but I agree, it was nice to see that for a change. The DVX has reached "ubiquitous" status!

Sotiris Damatopoulos December 16th, 2003 08:06 AM

Update from Greece on this matter:

The Greek National Television & Radio Organization, where I work for a flagship current affairs show, is producing what it calls the "Olympic Trophy". It's a kind of reality show, with a dozen of people roaming around the world by car, bike, airplane, etc, and promoting the "Olympic Spirit", probably because of the Greek Olympic Games, next Summer.
Well, guess what?
The small, agile cameras they got with them and are all ("players" and crew alike) using are all DVX-100. Of course, there exist the traditional JVC DVCPRO-50 shoulder mounted ones, but they are just three or four. All the others are DVXs. The show has not gone into air yet, is expected to between Xmas and New Year's Eve, but I know from the inside that they're pretty content with their selection.

Just my two-pennies...

-Sotiris.

Nick Medrano December 17th, 2003 12:38 PM

Another show with the DVX is TACTICAL PRACTICAL on the History Channel.

Woot!

Bo Smith December 17th, 2003 12:48 PM

Most of the newer MTV "reality" shows have been using DVX100's alongside the PD150. I know that Viva le bam and Wildboyz are.

I usually don't watch MTV much anymore, but sometimes you flip it on and it sucks you in.

-Bo

John Hudson December 18th, 2003 01:13 AM

Re: Animal Planet DVX100 Appearance

<<<-- Originally posted by Ken Tanaka : I've been watching a short series called King of the Jungle. It's basically Animal Planet's version of Survivor, in which 12 contestants compete for the opportunity to host a wildlife special show. They have been using the DVX100 as the camera that the contestants occassionally use to shoot with. (The main cameras are big honkin' shoulder bricks, likely Varicam HD.)

Well, it's nice to see something other than a Sony PD150 or VX2000 for such a role. -->>>

By the way, my wife and I love this show!