Animal Planet DVX100 Appearance at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old December 16th, 2003, 01:28 AM   #1
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Animal Planet DVX100 Appearance

I've been watching a short series called King of the Jungle. It's basically Animal Planet's version of Survivor, in which 12 contestants compete for the opportunity to host a wildlife special show. They have been using the DVX100 as the camera that the contestants occassionally use to shoot with. (The main cameras are big honkin' shoulder bricks, likely Varicam HD.)

Well, it's nice to see something other than a Sony PD150 or VX2000 for such a role.

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2003, 07:55 AM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Heh, nice spotting there Ken, but I'm afraid I beat you to the punch back on Oct. 13th when KotJ first aired. I wonder if the contestants got to keep their 100's? Probably not, but I agree, it was nice to see that for a change. The DVX has reached "ubiquitous" status!

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2003, 08:06 AM   #3
New Boot

Update from Greece on this matter:

The Greek National Television & Radio Organization, where I work for a flagship current affairs show, is producing what it calls the "Olympic Trophy". It's a kind of reality show, with a dozen of people roaming around the world by car, bike, airplane, etc, and promoting the "Olympic Spirit", probably because of the Greek Olympic Games, next Summer.
Well, guess what?
The small, agile cameras they got with them and are all ("players" and crew alike) using are all DVX-100. Of course, there exist the traditional JVC DVCPRO-50 shoulder mounted ones, but they are just three or four. All the others are DVXs. The show has not gone into air yet, is expected to between Xmas and New Year's Eve, but I know from the inside that they're pretty content with their selection.

Just my two-pennies...

-Sotiris.
Sotiris Damatopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2003, 12:38 PM   #4
Major Player

Another show with the DVX is TACTICAL PRACTICAL on the History Channel.

Woot!
Nick Medrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2003, 12:48 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Most of the newer MTV "reality" shows have been using DVX100's alongside the PD150. I know that Viva le bam and Wildboyz are.

I usually don't watch MTV much anymore, but sometimes you flip it on and it sucks you in.

-Bo
Old December 18th, 2003, 01:13 AM   #6
Major Player

Re: Animal Planet DVX100 Appearance

<<<-- Originally posted by Ken Tanaka : I've been watching a short series called King of the Jungle. It's basically Animal Planet's version of Survivor, in which 12 contestants compete for the opportunity to host a wildlife special show. They have been using the DVX100 as the camera that the contestants occassionally use to shoot with. (The main cameras are big honkin' shoulder bricks, likely Varicam HD.)

Well, it's nice to see something other than a Sony PD150 or VX2000 for such a role. -->>>

By the way, my wife and I love this show!
John Hudson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant