S.O.S. pink bar! problem at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old September 15th, 2004, 02:45 AM   #1
Regular Crew

rectangle pink bar problem!

OMG! help me! I was in my TV room with my DVX and was playing around in a low light environment. I had an RCA cable attached to my screen so I can see it on TV. I noticed that the camera was displaying a light "PINK" bar on the TV screen! I then did some tests to make sure wat was going on. Here is a frame grab I captured! I brightened the still in photo-shop to make the pink bar more visible so u can see it!

HELP! Why is my camera doing this!!!

http://www.rotundus.tv/pinkbar2.jpg

http://www.rotundus.tv/pinkbar.avi

image looks super grainy cause I inhanced it to make pink bar visible for u guys to see!
Old September 16th, 2004, 03:53 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Looks like a high-light thats being created by the light coming in thru the room with the light in it and relecting off the door. Anything out of frame that casts a redish or reflected light?

It might help if you post the untreated image. The picture is so grainy I thought the door was a curtain.

Dean
Dean Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2004, 06:41 PM   #3
Regular Crew

its not any glass or light reflect problem. i did some test yesterday and i started to notice it more. It is soo hard to explain but it seems like this bar is permanenttly burnt in! This rectangle pink bar is always in the same place. It doesnt show in bright lit conidtion but on dark colors this bar can bee seen very faintly. to the eye

COuld it be the 3CCD chip?

i'll post some clips and more frame grabs... it easyer to see it if the brightness is boosted up.
Ozan Biron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2004, 12:51 AM   #4
Regular Crew

http://www.rotundus.tv/pinkbar.avi

On a NTSC monitor u can see the pink bar clearly. To see it on a computer screen i had to boost the brightness and contrast to see it better!
Old September 21st, 2004, 05:32 AM   #5
Regular Crew

i also noticed it yesterday I was gonna put a post on it... I guess it is there for a reason..but why showing u on film???
Marcin Tyszka is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant