How do you tell how many hours were used on a cam? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old September 5th, 2004, 06:07 AM   #1
Regular Crew

How do you tell how many hours were used on a cam?

I have an oppurtunity to get a DVX100 (not A) or PD170 (both used), but I have already decided that for my area of interest (music videos, documentaries, and controlled interviews) that the true progressive is the way to go. Not to mention the 24fps option when I need it. I have read up on the problems compared to the DVX100A, (most notably for me is the 2 frame audio sync issue) but that is not a major issue.

I would like to know if there is a way to find out what the actual used hours are on it and not have to only rely on what the owner of the cam is telling me.
Anthony Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2004, 01:23 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Ok i knew it was asked before, but needed the info fast, so after searching on a few other sites I found my info...

"There's an hour meter in the menus, I think it's the last menu and the last function in the menu."
Anthony Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2004, 05:26 AM   #3
Regular Crew

in dvs80 i know its in options ....something like other functions ..there is a clock telling but u have to all the way down in options..maybe it is similar in dvx
Marcin Tyszka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2004, 09:56 AM   #4
New Boot

The hours meter is in the last menu (other functions). Scroll down to the bottom and you'll find the usage hours.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant