DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-lumix-s-g-gf-gh-gx-series/)
-   -   Timelapse on GH1? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-lumix-s-g-gf-gh-gx-series/468787-timelapse-gh1.html)

Carlo Zanella December 2nd, 2009 11:24 AM

Timelapse on GH1?

I am getting the GH1 next tuesday. I am wondering if there is a way to shot timelapses with that unit (I do it with my 7D but I don't know if that can be done with the GH1 as well).

Any ideas??

Thanx

Carlo

Adrian Frearson December 3rd, 2009 05:51 AM

Hi Carlo

You'll need a remote release which you can buy on ebay. Do a search for JJB or Have timer remotes. If you're doing short periods, then you could also shoot in AVCHD and then speed up in post.

Carlo Zanella December 3rd, 2009 11:13 PM

gh1 timelapses

Thank you Adrian. I have run a search with the data you gave me but I have not come up with anything. Could you be alittle be more specific (may be, complete brand name, model#, and/or some more info in general).

Thank you.

Carlo
USA - NM

Adrian Frearson December 4th, 2009 02:43 AM

GH1 timer remote search on ebay brings up a list of these for me.

LCD TIMER Remote switch for Panasonic G1 L10 GH1 FZ20 - eBay (item 110456443052 end time Dec-11-09 07:15:07 PST)

One thing to think about..if you are going to be shooting a lot of timelapse this way, you could potentially end up hammering the shutter. I don't know how many shutter actuations the GH1 is rated for, but you would need to be shooting a lot of T/L before shutter replacement I would imagine. I have an Olympus e410 that I use as my timelapse "brain". This frees up the GH1 to shoot real time.

Just noticed I made a typo in my response and wrote JJB instead of JJC. JJB is a discount sports retailer frequented by chavs :-)

Carlo Zanella December 4th, 2009 12:49 PM

gh1 timelapse

Thank you!!

Carlo Zanella December 30th, 2009 06:45 PM

Just got the remote!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrian Frearson (Post 1455957)
GH1 timer remote search on ebay brings up a list of these for me.

LCD TIMER Remote switch for Panasonic G1 L10 GH1 FZ20 - eBay (item 110456443052 end time Dec-11-09 07:15:07 PST)

One thing to think about..if you are going to be shooting a lot of timelapse this way, you could potentially end up hammering the shutter. I don't know how many shutter actuations the GH1 is rated for, but you would need to be shooting a lot of T/L before shutter replacement I would imagine. I have an Olympus e410 that I use as my timelapse "brain". This frees up the GH1 to shoot real time.

Just noticed I made a typo in my response and wrote JJB instead of JJC. JJB is a discount sports retailer frequented by chavs :-)

Just got the remote. It took a while to get it, but it's well built and it works GREAT!. Thank you for your suggestion.

Best regards.

Carlo Zanella
The Santa Fe TV Show

Josh Hayes March 2nd, 2010 11:26 PM

re:

In my research on getting a timer to shoot the timelapses I came across two recommendations. The one above and also the

Panasonic DMW-RSL1 Remote Shutter Release for Panasonic DSLR and FZ50 (you can cut and paste in Amazon.

Anybody know the advantages/disadvantages of these two? Trying to decide which to get.

Excited to shoot some 4k timelapses I can include in a documentary I'm working on.

Todd Norris March 3rd, 2010 02:28 PM

Get the one Carlo got. It's cheaper and more versatile. I bought one myself and it works great. The official Panasonic one is way, way overpriced.

Josh Hayes March 3rd, 2010 02:55 PM

re:

Sounds good. Thanks Todd.

Carlo Zanella March 3rd, 2010 07:16 PM

I just saw your post...I still have the remote and it works great. You can also activate the video recording with it.

Carlo Zanella
The Santa Fe TV Show