HVX to Powerbook Capture Results - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old February 21st, 2006, 03:17 PM   #46
Go Go Godzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by David M. Payne
I've checked the ads and this forum as well as the DVX forum and found no mention of an independant power supply for the card. I plan to plug in the power books when I'm shooting and was wondering if the card draws power from the PB or what? Thanks.

David
The LaCie comes with a wall-wart power supply which connects into a side socket in the card itself. It will make sense when you get the cards. However, there won't be any need to run power to the LaCie card since the external drives have their own power supply.

Using external power on the card is for those times when you are using a device that actually draws power from the FW bus itself. It's not required if the device has it's own power.
Old February 21st, 2006, 09:34 PM   #47
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Lane
The LaCie comes with a wall-wart power supply which connects into a side socket in the card itself. It will make sense when you get the cards. However, there won't be any need to run power to the LaCie card since the external drives have their own power supply.

Using external power on the card is for those times when you are using a device that actually draws power from the FW bus itself. It's not required if the device has it's own power.

Thanks Robert. I thought that was the case, but as I said I have a big learning curve ahead of me equipment wise and I appricate the reply.

David
David M. Payne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2006, 01:22 PM   #48
Trustee

Robert or anyone,
When recording directly from HVX to Powerbook via firewire in FCP using capture now :
Is there any wat to get the cameras timecode?
Every clip I get starts at "O" regardless of the camera settings even with camera at Freerun.

If you can't get the cameras timecode, how have you been setting a new or alternate timecode on your clips?
Leonard Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2006, 10:54 PM   #49
Regular Crew

this thread should be a sticky IMHO. Thanks for the info Robert and prehaps you could help me on my other thread.

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=61975

David
David M. Payne is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders