Canon Powershot TX1, 720p 30fps to SD and MMC! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > Photo for HD Video (D-SLR and others)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Photo for HD Video (D-SLR and others)
HD from Nikon D90, other still photo cams (except EOS 5D Mk. II, LUMIX GH1).

Old May 18th, 2007, 07:48 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Hanson View Post
8 gb Card only allows 15/16 miutes of recording (4gbs) at a time. Recorded another 15/16 minutes and battery still good. Wiped card and shot another 7 mins b4 battery ran out.
So the battery outlasts the memory, by an R.C.H. Suggest aditional battery @ $ 42.00 and Exrta memory @ $100.oo or so
Ware it out! (pun intended)
Thanks for the tests Jack. This is good stuff.
Charlie Durand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2007, 09:01 AM   #17
New Boot

more to discover

As I find out more I'll post it
Good Shooting!
Jack Hanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2007, 05:49 PM   #18
Trustee

May I ask how is the video quality compare to minidv avi 5:1 compress ratio?

TIA

Regards
Leigh
Leigh Wanstead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2007, 08:10 AM   #19
New Boot

Picture Quality

Picture Comparison Is Camera Specific. My Sony Hd1 Mini Dv Out Shoots The Canon Because Of Lens And Imager. The Canon Tx1 Is Great For "fun" Shooting, However If You Need To Shoot "serious" Stuff Use A Dedicated Hd Minidv Camcorder.
Old May 22nd, 2007, 08:55 AM   #20
Regular Crew

How does the camera record each "scene".

Does is create an individual file each time your press record or does it create one large file with all the scenes in it?
Charlie Durand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2007, 07:02 AM   #21
New Boot

Scenes

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. Each time you press the record button the camera creates a new file.
Old August 19th, 2007, 10:20 PM   #22
New Boot

Having major issues with the Canon TX1

I'm wondering if anyone has issues with theirs.
I purchased mine yesterday mostly for point and shoot stills, and to replace my old Canon Digital Elph, and the bonus for me is that it shoots "HD" video on the fly....I was happy with the camera and initialy everything was fine, but after just a couple of hours I found it is no longer working properly.
The LCD screen is not working at all, at first it was intermittent, but now...nothin at all. If you connect it via RCA cables, you can see an image on TV, but the LCD...blank. Also, the output for the component cables has a short in it. The signal breaks up unless you wiggle it just so.
Keep in mind this all happened within the first two hours of opening the box!!! I am hopng to take it back to the retailer I bought it at, but I think I'm iscrewed there. I purchased it at the local Apple store. :o(
They have an "as is" policy with anything non-apple purchased there. Wish Circuit City carried the TX1 in stock, I wouldn't have that issue there.Don't get me wrong, I love my macs, and I've bought about $7,000 dollars in gear from them in recent times, but I'm sure they are going to throw me out like last years iPod when I go complaining to them tomorrow.

Anyone have any input or suggestions here? Thanks in advance,
Ben
Ben Eytalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2007, 11:02 PM   #23
Regular Crew

An as-is policy for a brand new product from a major retail store? For a defective product? I've never heard of that before. Is this allowed per a state law? Then again, I've never shopped at an Apple store. If that's so, perhaps they've just lost a loyal customer in you.
Xavier Etown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2007, 07:01 PM   #24
Inner Circle

I think the only issue is whether Apple will replace it for you or whether you'll have to send it back to Canon to get it replaced. Either way I'm sure you'll get a replacement unit.
Jim Andrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2007, 12:04 AM   #25
New Boot

Good news. Apple replaced my camera without incident. They exchanged it right there in the store. Not sure why their policy is as stated, but I'm glad they don't adhere to it. I've spent thousands of dollars in that store, I'm just glad I can keep spending my money there so long as they continue to provide good custoer service.
The new camera so far seems to be working spledidly. Its really a remarkable little camera. Shoots pretty darn good video for a camera that's intended to shoot stills. 1280x720 "HD." Pretty cool little bugger.
http://www.mobilewhack.com/powershot_tx1a.jpg
Ben Eytalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2007, 08:17 PM   #26
Tourist

Hi Ben,

Congrats on your new TX1.
I am glad you were able to get a new one.
I have been enjoying my TX1 for a few months now.
Here is a short clip for you to check out:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8H5FR1IM

Keep in touch,
ray
Ray Smith is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > Photo for HD Video (D-SLR and others)