DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Private Classifieds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/private-classifieds/)
-   -   Private Classifieds listings from 2006 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/private-classifieds/14354-private-classifieds-listings-2006-a.html)

Barry Hunt January 11th, 2006 04:02 PM

want to trade xl1s(PAL) for run and gun

Canon XL1s for trade or sale

I bought this camera 4 months ago - second hand from a person who intended to get into wedding video production but never got round to it. He said that the camera had less than 10 hours usage and the condition of the camera testifies to this, its in immaculate condition. Also the fact that he had no XLR adapter indicated to me he was not a serious user and thought I got myself a bargain. I bought this camera for 2500 euro with a six month warranty (have ppwk). Also included are two long life bp-45 batteries(and 2 standard), a Lowe Pro bag, a shoulder mount (seen some usage but very handy) and headphones. also a ma100 (bought here)
Also because its still under warranty I sent it to Canon to ensure that it is finely tuned and ready to shoot and have just got it back (I will include the paperwork). I myself have used the camera for under an hour to shoot test footage on my tripod and although have not used it cleaned it regulary to ensure it is kept perfect.
Why am i selling it ? Because I did not research properly the type of camera I needed . The Canon produces excellent results but is not the best camera in situation where not being noticed is important- I need something smaller and less pro looking.This is the situation - I also have Manfrotto tripod with 501 head - this too I have hardly used and bought it brand new about 3 months ago. I want to trade or sell these for a more mobile camera .i.e a Sony of some sort- anybody interested?- I will send pictures upon request - thanks barry

Ari Shomair January 11th, 2006 05:13 PM

FS: LaCie Firewire 400 & 800 PCMCIA adapter

Hey everyone,
I no longer need my LaCie firewire 400/800 PCMCIA adapter, and so I am selling it. I used it with my IBM T42 to capture video - worked flawlessly. I'm looking to get $50 USD + Shipping for it. Comes with all the original packaging and accessories.

More info can be found at the official site:
http://www.lacie.com/products/product.htm?pid=10482

Thanks -

David Carter January 11th, 2006 05:14 PM

still looking...

Al Atkinson-Sirois January 11th, 2006 06:39 PM

Gotta move it, so...

$1950 & NOW INCLUDES Mr. Green's DVX Book and DVD!! Buy Now!!! (please?)

Jun Galinato January 11th, 2006 08:18 PM

The tripod system is free if the buyer of the VX2100 can pick up locally. It's a Bogen Manfrotto 3246 with 501 head and quick release.

Scott Hayes January 11th, 2006 09:00 PM

S O L D

S O L D ! ! ! ! !

John Inman January 12th, 2006 09:59 AM

$4000.00 or trade for HC1 or DSR-11 plus cash

This camcorder is absolutely "like new".

I have good references! Anyone who buys from me always gets a bargain!

I will be happy to provide you with any additional info.

email me at pidv@bellsouth.net

Christopher C. Murphy January 12th, 2006 11:34 AM

Perry, you can check it out anytime. Give me a call if you'd like to drop by..

Rob Hochberg January 12th, 2006 11:47 AM

Still looking... in a position to buy immediately. I would prefer to pick it up, I am willing to drive a reasonable distance... Anyone from NY, DE, NJ, PA, MD, VA? I would prefer to meet halfway, but whatever works. Anyone know any stores in philadelphia or NYC that would be selling a used PD150?

Patrick Moreau January 12th, 2006 12:24 PM

Sorry about the delay rob, the pics are sending right now.

Patrick

Mark Utley January 12th, 2006 12:30 PM

What extras do you have for it and would you be willing to sell them separately?

Guest January 12th, 2006 12:31 PM

Rick was great to deal with on the sale of my XL2 and other gear. I received the payment quickly as promised and all correspondence over the phone and email happened in a timely and efficient manner.

John Proppe January 12th, 2006 12:55 PM

Check your email, Todd.

Rick Jones January 12th, 2006 02:40 PM

I bought Derek's XL2 and received it very well packed and in excellent condition. Don't hesitate dealing with Derek. Everything was 1st rate!

Rick

Quinn OConnell January 12th, 2006 04:42 PM

Very **RARE Kodak Cinematography Masterclass X8 VHS and FREE 6 Head Nicam VHS player

Hi , am selling this *RARE* set of VHS (NTSC) instructional videos that take you on set to see how leading cinematographers shoot, light, arrange, compose and track there shots. Quite technical but still very easy to watch and follow.. i lernt alot from this set: bonus is my VCR aswell - dont need anymore - up to you if you want it - postage varies - ( pick up preferred)

price on line approx $580 USD

http://www.firstlightvideo.com/Kodak...atography.html
http://www.facets.org/asticat?functi.../features.html

Dont have a price in mind but make me an offer

quinn123@gmail.com

Thanks

This set of 8 videos is a really rare find for the serious filmaker or photographer. You could spend hundreds of pounds to go on courses to get this in-depth information, but with this set you can learn all aspects of cinematography in your own home!

Here's What you Get...

* Studio Lighting - A comparative Workshop with Donald McAlpine and Denis Lenoir

* Shooting for Realism with Allen Daviau & Sacha Vierny

* Location Lighting with Geoff Burton

* Shooting for Drama with Robby Muller & Peter James

* Lighting 'Dead Poets Society' with John Seale

* Shooting for Fantasy with Sacha Vierny & Denis Lenoir

* Lighting 'Dancing with Wolves' with Dean Semier

* Shooting for Black & White with Allen Daviau & Denis Lenoir

This is not just your typical 'How to' set. With these videos you are taken on the actual sets and see the Cinematographers and directors in action with the actors and crew.

PLEASE NOTE: THESE VHS TAPES ARE USA FORMAT NTSC TAPES AND NOT PAL. PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOUR VCR CAN PLAY NTSC TAPES (MOST MODERN PLAYERS DO)

These Masterclasses shot at the AFTRS International Cinematographers Forum, featuring French and Australian Cinematographers, along with Kodak Students.

Please be aware that this series is not for novices, these are for serious students of all areas of photography. I could go on forever with the descriptions of the tapes contents, but serious craftsmen will get the picture

Kodak Cinematography Masterclass - Set of 8 Videos - Rare! - Set of 8 VHS Videos for Professional Filmakers, Photographers, Directors and Cinematographers!

A RARE, RARE CINEMATOGRAPHIC ITEM!
The Kodak Cinematography Master Class Series

Best Selling Series!

This unique series, sponsored by the KODAK Worldwide Student Program, has great value to both students and working cinematographers. Nine of the world's finest cinematographers share their wealth of experience in a workshop setting, as they guide you through a series of professional lighting problems both in the studio and on location. 3-D computer animations are used to vividly illustrate the approaches used to solving them.

**Kodak: Shooting For Realism With Allen Daviau & Sacha Vierny

Allan Daviau ( E.T., The Color Purple, Empire Of The Sun ) and Sacha Vierny ( Hiroshima mon Amour; The Cook, The Thief, His Wife and Her Lover, Prospero's Books ) are given the same script and set. Daviau creates a series of intricate setups, clearly explaining each problem he encounters and the solutions he finds by using filters, lights and F-stops changes. Vierny experiments with a simple and elegant camera move that encompasses much of the action but presents him with a new challenge: hiding the dolly track. Computer graphics of the lighting setups as well as side-by-side comparisons of the finished scenes help you to better understand the techniques and appreciate the results.

55 min.

**Kodak: Shooting For Drama With Robby Muller & Peter James

Robby Muller's credits include Repo Man, Paris Texas, To Live and Die in L.A., Peter James Shot Alive!, Rich in Love and Driving Miss Daisy. Both were given the same script and set constraints. The beautiful images they created reflect their different backgrounds and philosophies on the art the business of filmmaking. Muller creates a moody and impressionistic feel that is characteristic of his approach. James on the other hand neatly sidesteps the problems caused by cyc too close to the set and creates a wider view of the windswept dusty cafe. Both men prove to be generous teachers, sharing many creative and technical insights that come from years behind the camera. The video culminates with a split screen comparisons of each cinematographer's finished piece.

55 min.

**Kodak: Shooting For Black & White With Allen Daviau & Denis Lenoir

Allen Daviau ( The Falcon and The Snowman, Avalon, Bugsy, Twilight Zone, The Color Purple ) takes students back to the golden age of cinematography - the 1920's. He painstakingly recreates the shooting style by employing the filtration, vignetting, aspect ratios and shot coverage of the period. In doing so he evokes the spirit and dynamic of the B&W silent screen masterpieces. Denis Lenoir ( Monsieur Hire, Daddy Nostalgie / These Fooling Things, Paris Awakes Shuttlecock ) creates an intriguing comparison to the work of Daviau by using modern cinematic techniques featuring a moving camera. He shoots with both color and B&W stock to make the comparison complete.

PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS As well as being a storehouse of practical information, this program is an ode to the haunting beauty of black and white cinematography and a wonderful essay on the changing art of the cinematographer from the 1920's to the present day.

55 min.

**Kodak: Location Lighting with Geoff Burton

Location lighting, utilizing the equipment one truck can carry, is the most common task a young cinematographer will face. Geoff Burton ( The Year My Voice Broke, Flirting, Wide Sargasso Sea ) condenses his many years of location lighting experience in this highly practical and useful workshop. Geoff's approach emphasizes maximum use of natural lighting resources ( daylight and practical ) and imitating these sources with the light he adds. Geoff shows how to work with the limitations of locations space and design ( in this case three rooms of a cramped apartment ) rather than against them. He demonstrates how fast stocks and fast work can be critical to success.

59 min.

**Kodak: Shooting For Fantasy With Sacha Vierney & Denis Lenoir

French cinematographer Denis Lenoir ( Monsieur Hire, Paris Awakes, Shuttlecock Zone ) and Sacha Vierny ( Hiroshima Mon, Amour, Prospero's Books, Stavisky ) explorethe world of cinematic fantasy and magic. Vierny generously shares one of his special secrets, shoeing how to create a magical beam of light without the usual need for a smoked filled room. The effect is electric. Lenoir takes you through each step of his lighting design and also gives invaluable information about the use of fluorescent lights. This program explores the techniques that make magic on the screen, but more importantly the cinematographer's creative thought process behind the magic.

PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS Lenoir demonstrates the ability of one special effect to hide another and how to combine several effects to create magic.

55 min.
Angles for drama, fireside etc etc.. the set is great for all cameramen and filmmakers.. read online about these with the inks below