Private Classifieds listings from 2002 - Page 19 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Private Classifieds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Private Classifieds
For *individuals* to sell gear or post want-to-buy inquiries.

Closed Thread

Old October 1st, 2002, 07:05 AM   #271
Trustee

sold

Hi Anthony,

you just missed out on the EF adapter...I sold it on eBay.

The cam is still available but supposedly the high bidder on eBay will be sending funds....we'll see.

Thanks...good luck.
Old October 1st, 2002, 09:51 PM   #272
New Boot

leaping from ntsc to pal !!!

Hi, Iam currently using an NTSC xl1s and I am moving back to Scotland in march 2003. I was originally planning on selling my NTSC body (about 7 months old at the moment) and buying a PAL body in the UK, My first question was "can I keep the stock evf or do I need a PAL evf? I called Canon but they were clueless as they didnt have any PAL bodies on hand to try and didnt seem to know how to get an accurate answer for me!! Oh well....then I wondered if there was anyone who wanted to trade perhaps?
I am not quiite sure which course to take but I wondered if anyone had any input on moving from NTSC to PAL. I am not sure if "classifieds" is the proper forum for this posting but I thought I would try.
Old October 2nd, 2002, 12:13 AM   #273
Regular Crew

i've been there

i was going to go PAL a while back but i didn't. i got my NTSC xl1 with the b/w viewfinder and the guy i was going to swap with had the PAL w/ the crappy color viewfinder. when we swapped cameras and kept our viewfinders mine kept looping and i couldn't get a still image in the view. the viewfinders on xl1's are consumer little lcds. they basically suck, but then again it all makes for a very affordable minidv solution, so not too much complaint from me on that. you'll need to swap the body and viewfinder. i hope that's what you meant by vcf? if not, then i look pretty dumb. take care.

christian
Old October 2nd, 2002, 05:32 PM   #274
New Boot

my first response!

hey, you are my first ever responder on this site, isnt this an awsome resource! Thankyou very much, that answers a big question for me. Oh, EVF is "electronic view finder" and I wish I could sample the B/W one but its a little beyond my reach right now, so I'm stuck with stock..........
Old October 2nd, 2002, 06:18 PM   #275
Regular Crew

no problem

welcome on. i hope you take advantage of the info on here. lots of smart guys on here. i love the b/w viewfinder because i'm such a control freak and i don't know if i could evern forgive myself if stuff was soft, which is hard because dv gets soft the wider you get, and i love wide shots. oh well.

i have been relying mostly on my sony monitor lately because it's pretty accurate and i get to see the shot in 16:9, which is how i shoot. the viewfinder is imperative because it's really the best guage for focus. good luck to you. i'd love to hear what you are working on. take care.

christian
nebunule films llc
www.nebunule.com
Old October 2nd, 2002, 07:32 PM   #276
New Boot

I can tell you that the 3x wide for Xl1s is much cheaper up here in Canada. I just bought a new one for $925 US in MOntreal and I get back $167 in taxes when I bring back across the US border.
Hope that helps you...
RC
Old October 3rd, 2002, 01:05 AM   #277
Wrangler

Yep, it's no problem to get them new for under $1000us in Canada, is it more than that in the US?
I see them going on Ebay for $800+.
Old October 3rd, 2002, 05:56 AM   #278
New Boot

If you check the web, US prices are between $1260 and $1575 plus shipping. Much more than in Canada!!!.
Old October 3rd, 2002, 07:17 AM   #279
Major Player

I always grudge the insane Canadian taxes. I'm currently price shopping a 16x manual.

What Montreal outlets do you guys recommend? Or are you talking about Ebay exclusively?
Old October 3rd, 2002, 08:06 AM   #280
New Boot

The taxes up here are crazy (from 7% GST in some provinces to over 15% GST + PST in other provinces). The good news is the taxes are removed to those products shipped out of Canada, or are fully refundable at the border to those buying in Canada and returning to the US. I have heard tales of several retailers in Ontario where Canadians can buy products in Canada, take them home, and have empty boxes shipped to a US address, thus avoiding the Canadian taxes.

I do know of a good source for new 14X Canon XL1 manual lenses at $999 Canadian ($631 US) in Toronto. They are great lenses but do not have an internal zoom motor they way the 16x does.

RC

If interested in 3x wide in Montreal you can get one for $1531 Cdn at Royal Photo on Rosemont Ave, or at $1599 Cdn at LL Louseau on Rue St. Hubert.

Forget Ebay, as you will most likely not get a full warranty and refunds or exchanges are not usually possible. The 14X manual is avaialbe from Carman's Foto Source in Ontario.
Old October 3rd, 2002, 03:18 PM   #281
Regular Crew

Could this be what you are looking for?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1385900015

Good Luck!
Old October 3rd, 2002, 03:59 PM   #282
Air China Pilot

The wideangle lenses I've seen have the little foreskin hood. The one being ebayed is circumcised. Does the Xl1 3x not come with it?
Old October 3rd, 2002, 04:27 PM   #283
New Boot

Yes the unit always come packaged with the sunshade.
Old October 9th, 2002, 08:00 AM   #284
Regular Crew

XL-1 and AG-dv1000

Hey, I am looking to sell my brand new ag-dv 1000 and my not so new XL-1.

The AG-DV 1000 has very, very few hours on it. I bought it in July this year. The heads have maybe 4 hours. It is clean. It is completely scuff free. Of course I would include all the stuff that came with it. Cables, booklets. B&H lists them new at $919. I am asking $700.

The XL-1 I bought in 1998. I am not a pro and have only rarely used it on *special* occasions. These special occasions include 25 hours of shooting - A feature and a short. The rest of the time it sat in it's case, in a closet safe and dry.
Of course I would include everything it came with expect the original packaging. The standard lens, mic, battery, charger, etc.
I am asking $1500, obo. I have looked around and there doesn't seem to be any real solid asking price for used XL-1's. I have had this camera professionally cleaned three times. All the pixels work, i.e. no dead pixels. The aquired image is as good today as the day I bought it.

E-mail me at Chethardin@hotmail.com.
Old October 17th, 2002, 10:28 AM   #285
Regular Crew

Premiere 6.5 Upgrade FS

I have a new, unopened Prem 6.5 upgrade package for sale. Will take $120, and include shipping.
Mike Rupp, Phoenix
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Private Classifieds