Private Classifieds listings from 2002 - Page 16 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Private Classifieds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Private Classifieds
For *individuals* to sell gear or post want-to-buy inquiries.

Closed Thread

Old August 22nd, 2002, 09:46 AM   #226
amorosot

All, thank you for the mails, and please take note that the Sennheiser has been sold. If anyone is interested in the RT2500 or the NRG power pack, please feel free to send me an email.

Thanks,

Tom, thomas.amoroso@trinityc.com

Old August 22nd, 2002, 10:02 AM   #227
Wrangler

I didn't think it would take long. What was the winning bid??

For quick answers try our Search!
To see me and Rob Lohman click here
Old August 22nd, 2002, 10:45 AM   #228
Regular Crew

I paid exactly what Tom wanted for it. Saved about $100 dollars off of the actual retail cost on B&H.

Thanks, Tom...just got it today... haven't had a chance to test it yet.
Old August 22nd, 2002, 03:32 PM   #229
Regular Crew

GL1+accessories and edit rig*sold

1-GL1; approximately 50 hours on it, was serviced for a hot pixel back in march/april, in fine condition now. comes with all original accessories in the original box.

1-lowes/homedepot hardcase; fits the gL1 and accessories nicely.

1- bogen 501 fluid head w/ 3221 tripod
1- glidecam 2000pro
4- tiffen 58mm filters(UV, Polarizer, red#25, green#11)

asking $1,500 for everything.

computer:

tyan tigerMP motherboard
dual amd xp1800's
1 gb pc2100 ddr ram
2x 60gb ibm 60gxp hdds
1x 40gb ibm 60gxp hdds
yamaha 20x10x40 cdrw
pioneer s106 dvd drive
turtle beach santa cruz sound card
altec lansing 4.1 4100series speakers
intel ethernet
promise fasttrakTX2 100 raid card
adaptec firewire 3port card
matrox g550 dualhead agp card
in-win q500 full tower
enermax 550w psu
17" viewsonic pf775 monitor
17" mag-innovision xj700t monitor
wacom intous 6x8 graphic tablet
microtek scanmaker 4900
generic keyboard
logitech wheelmouse(optical)
commodore 1702 monitor
software:
windows 2000 oem cd w/sp2 already installed
adobe photoshop 6.0, imageready 3.0, after effects 5.0, premiere 6.0, livemotion, golive 5.0. all software includes all manuals, registration transfer cards, boxes, etc.

asking $2,000 for the rig.

i live in detroit, michigan so i would like to try and find someone close (michigan, ohio, etc) to be able to meet up with and hand it over. if interested please post here or email me at: mbetea@comcast.net.
thanks for any interest
Old August 23rd, 2002, 08:41 AM   #230
Regular Crew

Great package...

Very nice package you've put together.

You shouldn't have any trouble selling this set up.
If you decide to piece it out, I'd be very interested in the Glide cam 2000 and the tripod/head set up.

Keep us posted.

Wayde Gardner
Right Field Films

PS I may have a buyer here in Texas for the whole GL set up. Any problems shipping here?
Old August 23rd, 2002, 03:31 PM   #231
Regular Crew

sorry. i just sold it all today. a couple guys i know were thinking about it the past couple days, so today they said they wanted it. thanks for the interest though, sorry.
Old August 23rd, 2002, 11:16 PM   #232
Space Hipster

Sold

Sold
Old August 24th, 2002, 08:59 AM   #233
PraveenS

Wish List...buying a package!

HI,

First of all thanks Chris, Jeff and Ken...now here's my posting and I thought this section would be most appropriate for posting it.

I am a film student going to India for doing a wildlife film ...I shall be working with a scientist studying leopards. I am trying to buy a camera package with which I could shoot this with the aim to ultimately have it broadcast. I can invest about $5,500 in the package. I have some money from a grant but that can only be spent in India and moreover it would be used up for travel, accommodation, food and also post. My question to all of you is ...what equipment should I get? Canon XL1 or Canon XL1S ..PAL or NTSC....Canon body only with Manual 16 X ....?? Also welcome are any suggestions on technical issues and any other things I need / or should do in the shoot.
Some issues that come to mind:
1. Need a video light with its own power supply or powered by the camera. (there is no electricity in the place I am going to go to shoot)..any ideas?

2. System for charging batteries - a generator or a solar charger? A company in UK makes expedition solar chargers that cost around $750 and output 24W...

3. I plan on using a remote triggering DV set up that will start the video camera if an animal comes in frame. The company that makes these remote triggering unit says it'll work with Sony camcorders that use an 'L control'...would this unit work by using the Varizoom control that has the 'L control' for the XL1? Also would the varizoom control for some other mini DV Canon camera. (one chip).. I have posed this question to the rep at the company too..

In the long term I plan to be working in India..so am not sure whether to buy an NTSC or PAL. For post I haven't decided if it will be done in India or here in the US. We have FCP3 at the university here so editing can definetly be done here but will cost more to pay the editior unless I do it myself.

Thanks a ton!! Hoping to hear from the experienced!

Praveen

Old August 24th, 2002, 09:55 AM   #234
Wrangler

OK, here is some partial advice.
To do this on a budget, I would buy an XL1, not the XL1s. Then get the Canon EF lens adapter and pick up a Canon EF telephoto lens. I think every wildlife videographer on here will agree on this point. If you are going nature hunting, you will want a big cannon for your Canon.

Don't get the 16x manual lens, keep the stock one. The image stabilizer on it is very useful especially if you are doing shots from a moving vehicle or handheld at maximum zoom.

Get a moderately priced ($200) tripod that is lightweight.

Get one of those Hoodman viewfinder covers. If you don't get one, you will regret it in the hot sun.

Get a shotgun mic. A Sennheiser MKE300 is cheap but good, and doesn't require an adapter to hook it up to the XL1. You will also want a windscreen for this (or any mic you will use in the field). Rycote makes some reasonably priced ones.

Get a good gamera bag that will hold all your gear and cusion it from daily abuse.

NTSC vs. PAL Depends where you are editing it. I'd pick NTSC if its coming back to North America.

Can't advise you on the recharging/generator issue. Hope this has helped! Sounds like a great trip! :)
Old August 24th, 2002, 10:08 AM   #235
PraveenS

Re:Dylan..partial advice...

Thanks Dylan....i have been on the phone with an established wildlife filmmaker for more than a month now...he has agreed to lend me an audio package (wireless mics and a shotgun) and also an EOS adapter for the lenses...So that is good $800 in equipment that I don't need to worry about...I have a friend in India, a pro wildlife photographer who has agreed to lend me for sometime a 200mm macro lens...(how to get it where I will be is another matter!)

Any suggestions on the lens..i obviously can't afford the $1200 100-400mm...and yes, no matter the difficulties, I am excited and looking forward to the trip....imagine trying to follow leopards in the forest at night...maybe on foot!!

Cheers
Praveen

Old August 24th, 2002, 05:04 PM   #236
chrisboutcher

I'me interested in your XL1s. Please let me know you ball park figure.

Chris

Old August 24th, 2002, 05:16 PM   #237
Wrangler

Tom, I reccomend selling it individualy. You will almost always get more money for it and usualy sell it all faster. If you have anything left over, you can always put it on Ebay.

If you put a price list up for all the gear, you will probably do very well.
Old August 28th, 2002, 02:08 PM   #238
Major Player

The XL-1 S is NTSC??
Old August 30th, 2002, 12:27 PM   #239
Regular Crew

Panasonic AG-DV1000 dv deck for sale

I have a Panasonic AG-DV1000 dv deck for sale
I purchased it from adorama in May of 2002. I have the box manuals etc. I maybe used it for 3 hours tops. I paid 929.00 for it.
Will sell for 800.00 OBO plus shipping.
go to :
http://www.panasonic.com/pbds/subcat/Products/vtrs_vcrs/specs/s_ag-dv1000.html

for more info
Old August 30th, 2002, 10:36 PM   #240
New Boot

send e-mail

please contact me via e mail on this product

kwinfo@thekitchenworks.com
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Private Classifieds